My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what I should price it at, I will be selling it with a 54c deck,42" hydraulic John Deere Tiller and a 54" hydraulic front blade and mount. I have the wheels weighted and loaded with rim guard, as well as four front weights. The tires are at about 60-70%, with the hour meter reading 523 hours as of ten minutes ago. I am just looking for a reasonable price to start at for the package deal, any professional input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks LM

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Wow, sounds like a nice rig and accessories! I would estimate that you should get about $6000 - $7000 for everything stated assuming that the tractor is in good condition. I would wait to hear from some of the others as I've never bought a used x500 series before. You might want to try this site out to see if I'm in the ballpark: http://www.tractorfinders.com/

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I'm gonna say 10,500 for a quick sale. 11K to 11.5 if you aren't in a hurry. An 03 585 just went on ebay with 235 hours and no add on's for $7500, figure 2K for the tiller, 900 for the blade (clean used prices).

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'll take it off your hands for nothing, sight unseen.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Wow, sounds like a nice rig and accessories! I would estimate that you should get about $6000 - $7000 for everything stated assuming that the tractor is in good condition. I would wait to hear from some of the others as I've never bought a used x500 series before. You might want to try this site out to see if I'm in the ballpark: http://www.tractorfinders.com/
I'm inclined to think that $6-7 for everything is going to be doing good. I had a 2004 X585SE 54C deck, Front 54 blade with quick hitch, weather enclosure & 3 PH and got 10K in trade in 2007 with 360 hours on it. slkpk

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Seems to me I saw a 585SE (just the tractor) go for $5900 about a month ago, so I was maybe $1000 under what I should have said with the accessories, but I don't think it'll go for 10K.

There's a listing for a x728, 2008 on eBay for buy it now $8,695, only 62 hours on it!
08 JOHN DEERE X728 4X4 LAWN GARDEN TRACTOR 54" MOWER

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I adjust my initial appraisal. I was thinking X595 :) Knock a couple grand off for gas.

·
Experienced User
132 Posts
I just sold my x585 a month ago. It has 155hr on it, 54C mower. I sold it in 3 days on Craigs List. I listed it at 6375 and took 6000 for it. The dealer trade-in book was 3500. He strait out told me that I should sell it on my own. He said high 6's if I wanted to take some time, low 6's for a fast move with the mower. The tiller and blade will need to have the right buyer. I would think that $7500-$8000 would be what it would go for. It will vary depending what part of the country you are in. List it in places where it will be seen by people living in the outer surburbs of a large city. The demand and the ability to pay will be higher.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I will pick it up for you for free so you dont have to go through all the hassle of selling it. No need to thank me the tractor is thanks enough:00000057:

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,643 Posts
Maybe I missed something elsewhere, but nobody's asked the question:

Why are you selling it? Hate to see it, but somebody somewhere will sure be getting a great setup.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Maybe I missed something elsewhere, but nobody's asked the question:

Why are you selling it?
:ditto: and what are you planning on replacing it with ???

Later,x595

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like to get into a new 2305 series or model so I can add on a brush hog and a few other attachments that I just can't justify putting on the 585.
If anyone is interested in trading such a set up let me know.

Thanks LM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts