My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the well informed Bolens crowd out there.

A gentlemen a few miles aways is selling a Bolens G152 tractor with a loader. I was considering purchasing a new or used CUT or SCUT to do some snow removal, mulching, moving firewood, building a few rock walls, and maybe installing a nice path of pavers to my house.

So the G152 is a little smaller than what I envisioned, and I'm wondering if anyone out there with experience with one of these can tell me how much utility you get out of a unit with a FEL.

In some ways this is a good setup, since I already have an old reliable Simplicity Landlord to meet my mowing needs. The used G152 might make for a good stable partner for the Simplicity. It certainly would leave me with a few more dollars in the bank, and a little less grief from the Mrs.:lalala:

I appreciate any feedback.

:thanku:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I definitely think you should go for it. I think he may be a little bit high on the price, but there are others on here that know more about what these go for as far as pricing. Those are great tractors. By the way, where in MA are you?

Jason

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 2104 ('91 model of the 214) with the front bucket. The rear tires are loaded and I usually have a 4 ft. bush hog on the back for counter weight. It will pick up the rear of the tractor without the bush hog. I would not trade it for anything, best purchase by far this year. I am not too familiar with the 152, have heard it is a little under powered for the size, but very dependable. You will love it. And there are always guys like me who will buy them from you when you are tired of looking at them, so....

·
Registered
704 Posts
Side bar: I was at a show this weekend, went with 7 bolens, came home with 8???? anyway, my son had the whole show mad as hornets when he swept the slow race 3 days in a row with the 2104. The judge came up to him after he hollered 'go' and asked him to let out on the clutch. My son just grinned and said' I did'. Braggin rights and a t-shirt was what was at stake, no harm, no foul. The old timers sure were mad though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I figured a counter weight in the back and loaded tires would be a must. I'm a little concerned at the 15hp, but it will probably handle 90% of what I want it to do.

I'm not that familiar with Iseki, but have seen some good things written about them.

I'm only in Mass during the week. Up in the Sunapee region of New Hampshire on the weekends where I do my "tractor stuff"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts