My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody

I've been looking at tractors lately, trying to determine what would work best for my situation. I've been looking at John Deere and Kubota, and while originally favoring JD, I recently had a good look at the Kubota line and I think I've found my new tractor.

I've got 4 acres, and plan to do some landscaping, stump removal, and general purpose stuff. I don't have to mow with it, and am going with a loader and back hoe.

The L series was too big, and the B2920 was a bit small, so the B3200 seems to be perfect. I like the cruise, and the mid PTO may come in handy at some point.

The JD 2720 would have been my choice for the green camp, but the price is several thousand dollars more. I also fit much better on the Kubota. I'm 6'3" 235 lbs, and no matter what I did, I just couldn't get comfortable on the

So are there any issues with the B3200 that I should know about? I read of a vibration problem with some earlier units, but the one I tried at the dealer seemed fine. The sales guy said they have sold more than 50 of them, and he never heard of that particular problem.

I used the unit at the dealer for a while, and was really pleased with it. I think it will be the perfect size for my situation. Other than never using a back hoe before (the salesman was very kind with his remarks)...chuckle.

I'm looking at about $30000 out the door with a ballast box thrown in.
Is the thumb for the back hoe something I should look at? I'm not sure if I'd use it or not...

Does anyone here have a B3200? What are your thoughts?

Thanks very much!

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
I have not heard anything bad about the B's.

I have a BX2200 which is a different beast. On the backhoe thumb. If you plan to use the backhoe to grab anything you need it. Get a hook welded to the back of the bucket too. A backhoe makes a nice little crane for loading and unloading. I recently used my backhoe to pickup a spa from inside the garage and move it.

Another thing I would think about is a pallet fork and the quick attach setup for the FEL.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
My dad just got a B3000 with loader and full cab, and he loves it. He didn't get the backhoe, as it's just not something he would have a lot of use for. It will see a lot of mowing duty, so he got the 72" mid-mount deck. It's his third Kubota machine, and he's not had much trouble with any of them. Looking at the specs, I'd say what you are looking at is basically the same machine without the cab. The Kubota has a 3-range Hydrostat, while I've heard that some of the Deere's only have 2-speed units. This makes them tougher to mow with. Based on my Dad's experience and my observations, I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Kubota machine, as they are solid and well engineered. Dealer support is also important, so make sure you like them and that they will work with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a B3200 with loader and backhoe. I am very pleased with it. It does everything i ask it to do. Stumps take time but gets it done. My only advice is the backhoes is expensive and mostly mine sits in the back of the garage. Only get it if you plan to use it regularly, if not rent a mini excavator to get those jobs done. I planned on keeping mine for life so I opted to buy it. Overall a good little tractor. Good luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the same problem. Came down to more bang for the buck. ZERO issues with my B7800 in the last 5 years and does more for less purchase cost. I refused to pay more for green paint and less ability, not that there is anything wrong with them. Deere's are great, just at a premium for a name which winds up hurting in the long run. That and some arrogance I've seen from local dealers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts