My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see what your planning on using for snow removal this year. Last year I did not use my snowblower, i only used my 46" plow. However, now I am planning on using my GT18 to blow snow AND my SS16 to plow. :) here are some pics of my GT18 as it is now, I will be cleaning up the blower, painting what i can, putting a weight box on my GT, putting my 3 point on my SS, making myself a rear blade like I did for Hugh.
IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
still to early to decide. probly the ss12 with the dozer blade. pssst, 2nd pic, your trucks on fire!:ROF

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been on the search for a plow for the truck and a plow for the skid steer as well as a couple snowblowers...

So far no luck though. Plowed with my Craftsman II last winter, did a decent job just took too long - got too much driveway to plow for a 42" plow. Everyone around here is looking to get $1,500 - 3,500 for a plow setup and none of them have the right frame bracket for my truck (so I'll have to spend another $200-500 for that), just don't have that sort of green.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes, I am thinking snow! I was wanting to beef up my snow removal too.

I just added a 30" walk behind to my arsenal. I looked all summer for another tractor/snow blower combo but found the this one as a just about even trade for my old Deere 100. It is made by Husqvarna and was odd working on it when it was 90 degrees out (new belt, shoes, etc.). I still want another tractor to help out with the blade but at least I know I will be able to dig out of the drifts I seem to always get. The Deere's single stage and 8hp just could not get through anything deeper than a foot.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still to early to decide. probly the ss12 with the dozer blade. pssst, 2nd pic, your trucks on fire!:ROF
James 6.jpg

0701100714.jpg

Yeah it's been on fire for two years now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
How does the older single stage Craftsman throwers do with the larger snows? I noticed one for sale locally with at GT6000.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
got my plow on, weights on, only thing left is the chains

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have my Sears GTV 16 setup for snow all year round. Nice double spring release blade, direction control, chains and weights. Does real well. When it gets real bad I call my neighbor and he clears my drive with his truck for $40. I used him twice last year when I had 3 foot drifts. At $40 I should call him all the time but my 20 year old plows it for me too. Maybe this year I'll be able to work the controls to plow it myself, maybe.
I'm sorry, I should get a picture or two.

Man, that snowblower looks awesome and probably much easier than my tractor and blade to work with.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,535 Posts
I have the same snowblower as GT-80 --I just took it OFF my Suburban 12 that has the cab three weeks ago!..wish I didn't know,I'm NOT looking forward to putting it back on again!..but I wanted to put the mower deck on it so I could have the roof over my bald head!..(My Yard-Man decided to not want to run that day and the lawn was 6" high!)..

I still have the plow on my SS-12 ,and I'm keeping it on it too--its only got a 6-7 HP Briggs for a power plant so its no good for mowing anyway..its the only one of the three Suburbans I own that has loaded tires,wheel weights & chains..the Suburban I put the deck on has only wheel weights & chains and with the blower on it,it still needed more weight...I wasted a belt on the blower every time I used it,but they weren't good Kevlar ones,I suispect even those might not live long on it though..I plan on rigging up some kind of lift assist for the blower too,the lift handle is way too hard to lift,I'm thinking of adding a gas strut off a tailgate to help lift it..

I'm in NO hurry for snow!..I'm stoked we are in for another WEE of 90 degree weather,Im already sad to see the sun setting earlier every night,and dread the days of winter when its dark by 4 pm..I have a good months worth of work to do to my plow truck's brakes,replace the oil pan,etc--and I want to put the snowplow frame & pump on the Suburban I bought last fall too..was hoping to have it registered and all fixed by now,but I haven't been able to make any money at all-just spend,spend,spend..

Snow IS a buzz kill!..I just assume MOVE and never see another flake or shiver in freezing cold ever again..getting real sick of replacing rusted brake lines and complete trucks after 5 years of winter exposure here..:mad:..

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Well, tried to start the WH 211-5 with the blower. Gas running out the bottom of the carb, stuck float. Grabbed the fuel shut off valve. Luckily, the machine rolls kinda easy even with chains, weight block and blower still attached.
The 'green' LT1000 with the Kohler fired right up. Now, where did I put that plow.
The WH 210-5 wouldn't start. Oh well, didn't want to mow the weeds with it anyways.
Need to replace a few of the 'blue' tent covers (aka tarps).
Not worryinfg about the 2 blowers. They've never let me down. The snow shovel, that's another problem.
Started cutting & splitting wood. That ended quickly after I cut and split the end of my finger. Can always chain the chimney and clean the wood stoves out before the burning season.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well, tried to start the WH 211-5 with the blower. Gas running out the bottom of the carb, stuck float. Grabbed the fuel shut off valve. Luckily, the machine rolls kinda easy even with chains, weight block and blower still attached.
The 'green' LT1000 with the Kohler fired right up. Now, where did I put that plow.
The WH 210-5 wouldn't start. Oh well, didn't want to mow the weeds with it anyways.
Need to replace a few of the 'blue' tent covers (aka tarps).
Not worryinfg about the 2 blowers. They've never let me down. The snow shovel, that's another problem.
Started cutting & splitting wood. That ended quickly after I cut and split the end of my finger. Can always chain the chimney and clean the wood stoves out before the burning season.
My snow shovel has a broken handle, and if it doesn't, it will!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
did you say something about snow..? :D

like the pan seat??

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
love it!!!! It looks so sweet!!!
thanks!! i like it too.. although, the sitting position is a bit low for my taste. i might shim it up a little bit. it doesnt have the hinges from the other seat on it

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I've got to get the rear end leak on the Unico fixed, slap on the wheel weights, get a set of 2 link chains, and check out the snowblower.

For the 318 I need to either jump in and finish the H3 upgrade or put a lockout valve on the rear. The 54" blade needs another skid shoe and I need to buy soem two link chians for it as well.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
pictures d-dogg??? :D :D

1 - 20 of 261 Posts