My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the clipping from my lawn and spread it between the rows in my garden and around the the plants. It works great in helping control the weeds and holds the moisture in the ground really well. I have several Maple trees on and around my property. I have pulled about 40 maple seedlings about 1" to 2" already and every time I go out there are more than I can count. What do you guys think. Should I do a second garden next year and let them grow and start selling them.:sidelaugh

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Should I do a second garden next year and let them grow and start selling them.
Well, I guess you're not interested in buying some of mine... But if you send me $25 for the franchise fee, I'll give you a list of potential buyers!:D

Those maples are the most immoral trees in nature, all they do is pollinate, pollinate, pollinate and spread their young un's all over the place for everybody else to deal with. There oughta be a law!:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HydroHarold I will have to take that into consideration and split things with you
50/50.:D

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I get those sugar maples growing everywhere .. even in the rain gutters

But even worse is the darn sumac trees .. kill one and 10 take its place .. and they grow FAST.

I'll send you some of those HH if you care to sell em .. same deal as Art 50/50 :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
To round out the "AS SEEN ON TV" offer, with every purchase of 10 maples or sumacs I'll throw in at no extra cost (buyer pays shipping) some black walnuts. I've got some growing up through 4' high very dense junipers. I "thought" I got them killed last year...:) This year is going to be a cardboard shield for the junipers and a bath of my "Special Roundup Sauce". Ma Nature sure does fight for her favorite plants.:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can even be a little more helpful to those with some damp ares as well and send them some willow sprouts. These things grow anywhere and are nearly impossible to kill. Just have to put in a disclaimer that that not responsible for the yearly branch clean-up:fing32:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hydro,If you'll dig'um up and ship to Texas, I'll pay shipping. I'm talking about both maple and walnut.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Hydro,If you'll dig'um up and ship to Texas, I'll pay shipping.
Definitely might involve a #2 shovel which automatically takes this out of the "free" catagory and into the "per hour" department.:ROF This sounds like a setup from the "Agricultural Police", is Texas allowed to accept real plants from "lesser" states like N.Y.? I thought you guys were only allowed mesquite and cheat grass down there.:D

·
Administrator
11,804 Posts
Thanks but no maple seeds for me. I'm good! :Stop:

After a downpour of rain Thursday night and watching the gutters over flow I ended up digging sprouted maple seeds out of 3 of the four downspout pipes. The overflow from them started to fill the window well with water. Had the storm lasted a little longer I would have recreated Niagara falls through the window into the basement thanks to them. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts