1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Thanks for the tip seems to be good equipment.

You should be careful though it almost borders on an advertisement LOL !

·
Registered
552 Posts
Since we are like family here on mtf i think we should all start writing the schedule to use your equiptment ! lolol I want tuesdays at noon!:thThumbsU

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Since we are like family here on mtf i think we should all start writing the schedule to use your equiptment ! lolol I want tuesdays at noon!:thThumbsU
Wait a minute I wanted that time, wanna switch for Wednesday at 10am ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip seems to be good equipment.

You should be careful though it almost borders on an advertisement LOL !

I've built M/C parts for years an I m just tellin' the guys what they need to do about anything on their tractors. They don't hafta buy anything at Grizzly, It just happens that I have some of their stuff (in a bigger version)

Heck, Enco in chicago has the same stuff, but try an stay away from harbor freight on these items I have listed, spare parts are almost unobtanium

Heres a few of the parts I used to make, I have pretty much retired now since I have COPD

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
905 Posts
i have (not grizz) drill press, combo sander, bench grinder, and a stick welder and MIG welder, thinking about getting a portable hand held band saw.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have (not grizz) drill press, combo sander, bench grinder, and a stick welder and MIG welder, thinking about getting a portable hand held band saw.

You really dont want one of them. Just get a sawzall with a finetooth bi-metal blade an you can do about the same thing.

Or wait an get a saw like I had noted above or maybe even the next size bigger one.....

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
I work at Grizzlys... I'm a machine tech... But I'm not aloud to talk about it on the internet... So please don't ask any questions I cant answer...
You could PM me...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work at Grizzlys... I'm a machine tech... But I'm not aloud to talk about it on the internet... So please don't ask any questions I cant answer...
You could PM me...

Like I said to the other feller, I;m not trying advertise for grizzly, I just happen to have some of their equip an a catalog. Myself, I would rather go with Jet equipment, better quality. But Grizs stuff is just fine for 99.9% of the stuff that we would do here

·
Union Carpenter
406 Posts
thinking about getting a portable hand held band saw.
I wouldn't. They were made for making repeated square cuts and believe that it is alot harder to do than say. That said I think that for the everyday use a sawzall is alot better choice, as it enables you to do more with it than a bandsaw ever will.
Now on the other hand if you want to squarly (with tons of practice) cut uni-stut, conduit, metal pipe or all thread rod I would absolutly recommend a porta-band. As long as you don't want to get fancy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That'll work..... :eek:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres where I do most of my work when I still can. There is a big Grizzzly mill with power feed and a 2 axis DRO on it in the picture to the left, but it didn't make it in.

No advertising here, just showing a pic of my mill an didn't wanna walk out to the shop to take a pic. Easier to get it outta the catalog, besides its all clean this way.....hahahaha

Enco 12 x 36 lathe in back
Jet 9 x 20 lathe in frt of pic
enco sander 12"disc an a 6 x 48 belt
caswell 1 1/2 hp longshaft buffer to polish alum parts
out of the pic on left by mill is a Jet 7 x 14 lay down style bandsaw with coolant

20 quart Burr-King small parts de-burring machine
an several different small size belt sanders from 1/8" to 1" width, mostly burr-kings

Lots of other small presses an other small machines an tools to numerous to mention

But my pride an joy I've had for 30 years sitting back in the corner under the furnace is my miller 35 black face Mig welder that has never given me a minutes worth of trouble.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts