My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've known for a long time that I had a bit of oil in my veins, and today I think I may have got to the point of having a little blood in my oil..

Picked up a truck load of ancient small engines, total cost to me was gas money and a couple hours to get 'em. Wife went with me and she's pretty much convinced I'm crazy for picking up "a load of junk". I'll unload and get pics tomorrow, but there's 10+ engines from probably 2hp to 12hp or so, and a couple boxes of miscellaneous parts etc. Most of the engines are brands that've been out of business since before I was born.

:trink39:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Antique engine parts brings even more $$!! :trink39:

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
I've known for a long time that I had a bit of oil in my veins, and today I think I may have got to the point of having a little blood in my oil..

Picked up a truck load of ancient small engines, total cost to me was gas money and a couple hours to get 'em. Wife went with me and she's pretty much convinced I'm crazy for picking up "a load of junk". I'll unload and get pics tomorrow, but there's 10+ engines from probably 2hp to 12hp or so, and a couple boxes of miscellaneous parts etc. Most of the engines are brands that've been out of business since before I was born.

:trink39:
Waiting for those pics! :fing32:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeah Pic's would be nice. Don't feel lonely I have a van full of engines,& a yard full of tractors LOL it is an addiction.
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
I have a bug too- My wife went with me to drop off my cab yesterday. I tol him he should check out the forum and Michelle told the guy that bought it that I spend A LOT of time on 'the tractor forum thingy'

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife convinced me to start a blog about my affliction with these things. So here's a link to the blog, with pics over there. 19 engines total, most of them complete. A few Lawn Boys, B&S, two Fairbanks Morse (Onan), and several that I have no idea. Also a box of tools worth over $100 easy, and a couple old farm equipment books with plans/materials lists for all sorts of useful things. Wifey likes the books, because the plans include things for her chickens. Win!!

Enjoy!(warning: 53 pics)
http://smalltractors.blogspot.com/2012/01/more-stuff.html

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
Thats an awesome truckload!

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The two Onan engines were worth the trip alone.
Yup, that's kinda what I'm thinking too. Both of them seem to have decent compression, and no crazy noises on turning them over. Carb linkages all move freely, and oil is still in 'em looking a decent brown.
Need to clean 'em off really good before trying to fire 'em up. The bigger one has a muffler full of large seeds....
:fing32:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
My wife convinced me to start a blog about my affliction with these things. So here's a link to the blog, with pics over there. 19 engines total, most of them complete. A few Lawn Boys, B&S, two Fairbanks Morse (Onan), and several that I have no idea. Also a box of tools worth over $100 easy, and a couple old farm equipment books with plans/materials lists for all sorts of useful things. Wifey likes the books, because the plans include things for her chickens. Win!!

Enjoy!(warning: 53 pics)
http://smalltractors.blogspot.com/2012/01/more-stuff.html
Enjoyed the front page of your BLOG, the pics of all the engines and tools you scored, NICE haul by the way!!:thThumbsU

I'll have to go back to your page and roam through the side links when I get some free time!!

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jer, I'll keep my eyes out for ya.

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looked like the first one you had on your blog was a power products 2 cycle. If it is i would possibly be intrested if you wanted to sell. looking for a model 1000
It is a model 1000. I've never seen a cast aluminum gas tank, so that one is definitely unique! And any of them can be bought for the right price.

There's only one that's frozen, and I think it's more a problem with the magneto than the piston. IIRC it's the Wards one, by Wisconsin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.