My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an infomercial on this new tool the other night--made by the same company that makes the "Worx GT Trimmer"...its a chain saw of sorts,thats got the bar & chain enclosed in a pair of rigid "jaws" ,and it has a handle more like a shovel than your typical chain saw--looked perfect for cutting branches up on the ground without bending over,and trimming them overhead as well...no danger of kickback,or chunks of wood flying out at you like a regular chain saw can...I was pretty impresed with what they showed it doing on the commercial...

Its main drawback to me,is the fact its only got a capacity of 4",but it's best suited for cutting branches and trimming jobs ,not to "replace" a typical chain saw....but if they made a larger,more powerful version,I think it could be used instead of one....I noticed the one they showed ran on 110V,something I like--never was much of a fan of any "rechargeable" tools,they go dead too fast and take too long to recharge,IMO...

The model they showed sells for about 120 bucks...about the same as a typical "homeowner" chain saw at a box store would...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have the Worx, but have a rechargeable Black & Decker Alligator. The little thing is pretty handy for small jobs that I don't want to get the chainsaw out for, but, you're right, the battery runs out pretty quick. For brush, it works pretty well and is just sitting in the garage, ready for those limbs that I wake up to that fall across the driveway in the middle of the night.

·
Super Moderator
32,871 Posts
I dont have that claw style, but I do have a small rechargable saw. I gotta say it IS handy. I can see why they will sell a lot. I use it a lot around the fire pit for cutting up branches that are a little too big for loppers... but not realy worth firing up the gas saw. Its also handy for trimming, and pruning stuff. It does run a lot slower then a gas saw, but I think that will make it a little safer. Still has a chain... but running slow, you would get less violent kickback if you hit something.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
We have one of the B&D alligators and love it! As for the Worx....we are an authorized service center for them and all I can say is....welll....LOVE my alligator. :fing32: if you get my drift.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
For the same small stuff that Worx is good for... I use a machete. No moving parts no cord, gas, etc. and if you have the least bit of control over yourself it's a very safe tool. A good one's about $20 AND it starts every time.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.