My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice 1985 JD 212 locally, owner says it has an exhaust valve that sticks, and the deck looks rough, and "needs work". I was wondering what this is worth?

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts
According to Blue Book in rough Condition it is worth $374.00 for a 1985 212 in Good-Average condition it would be worth $440.00. :thThumbsU

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Blue Book in rough Condition it is worth $374.00 for a 1985 212 in Good-Average condition it would be worth $440.00. :thThumbsU
I'm going to look at it possibly tomorrow. The tractor and tires look fine. The deck, not so much. He said the exhaust valve sticks "occasionally." I have a deck for this tractor sitting in the barn. I'm not to sure about the exhaust valve issue though.

Thanks again Sergeant :thanku:

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts
Your Welcome. :thThumbsU

·
Parts Robber
171 Posts
A lot depends on your local market but with a bad deck and a sticky valve I wouldn't go more than $200.00 unless rest of tractor is near perfect. It is worth more to you since you have a deck than someone who doesn't as finding a good deck can be tough and expensive.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot depends on your local market but with a bad deck and a sticky valve I wouldn't go more than $200.00 unless rest of tractor is near perfect. It is worth more to you since you have a deck than someone who doesn't as finding a good deck can be tough and expensive.
Thats what I will offer him, provided I can hear it run.

Thanks MowerGraveyard :thanku:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I bought my 212 for 300 , it came with 3 point hitch and plow up front. electric lift and was in need of TLC. Paid 50 for delivery and have spaent $72 so far in parts . The deck has good metal and a 2lb sledge hardy moves the baldes LOL. but I wasn't concerned with the deck , I needed it for ground work. Runs strong and good gear.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
I pd $250 for my 214 a year ago; with a 39" deck (good shape just too small) a set of chains for all 4 tires and a working snow blower attatchment. Just had to get a battery. I've tuned it up, re did the carb, replaced the brake band and changed all the belts (maint; I hate waiting for something like that to just break)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts