My Tractor Forum banner

221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
Looks like 3 -4 inches,it’ll be gone tomorrow,still too warm to stay.
Doesn’t seem possible the the short Tim would cause it but it could have been on the edge of failing,I might even use the other 322 as a base information platform but of course in a no start condition

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
How much trouble would it be to take a coil of Tvill and try it on nyvill and see if it clears up

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Jim, I swapped the entire set of 3 (they are on a frame) from the NY322 to the Tville322 to check that, that was what caused the issue when I put them back on the NY322. Something on the Tville322 is killing coils and doing it quickly. I'm in the process of doing some of the other tests. All the pulsars on both machines passed ohms tests and and were between 17.2 - 17.4 ohms the range is 15 - 23 in the CTM.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
OK, I get the dunce award for the start of 2021, and it's going to take some real effort to unseat me!! :) However before I say what I did wrong I have to tell you that both the NY322 and the Tville 322 are running good on all 3 cylinders now!!! HURRAY!! The #1 and #3 plug wires were reversed! Videos will come later, taking a break to slap myself and slam my head into a few walls!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
OK, I get the dunce award for the start of 2021, and it's going to take some real effort to unseat me!! :) However before I say what I did wrong I have to tell you that both the NY322 and the Tville 322 are running good on all 3 cylinders now!!! HURRAY!! The #1 and #3 plug wires were reversed! Videos will come later, taking a break to slap myself and slam my head into a few walls!!
Man, I was reading this thread but had no advice on it since I don't know the ignition system on these. Glad it was something simple.

·
Super Moderator
7,995 Posts
You can't be that much of a dunce...you got it figured out...and more importantly I am sure that you learned some valuable stuff along the way...how did you get it figured out?....Glad you aren't sinking any more $$$ into it...not the time to bang head...reward yourself...you stuck with it and you beat it! (y)

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #228 (Edited)
Well, I went to the one that was running and started looking at the coils seemed odd to me that the wires weren't on the same cylinders of the other two!

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
DANG,simple and free fixes are the best👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍
That crossed my mind but the distance on toyed 2 wires seems to long to mix up

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
DANG,simple and free fixes are the best👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍
That crossed my mind but the distance on toyed 2 wires seems to long to mix up
Hence the dunce status! I'd rather have that moniker and be using a running 322 than still be scratching my head!! Thanks for sending me back through the processes again.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

·
Registered
169 Posts
Glad to hear you figured it out! That was quiet enough that i didn't realize it was running during the beginning of the video - i thought it was background noise and was waiting for you to start the machine!!! That machine sounds smooth and i'm sure you're happy that you didn't have to lay out more money for parts.

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
Hence the dunce status! I'd rather have that moniker and be using a running 322 than still be scratching my head!! Thanks for sending me back through the processes again.
Heck,Tim I had no idea what the issue was but knowing what was require to make it run I was just throwing out stuff,you can pat yourself on the back.
Now how about the NY 322,were the wires crossed on it too?

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Heck,Tim I had no idea what the issue was but knowing what was require to make it run I was just throwing out stuff,you can pat yourself on the back.
Now how about the NY 322,were the wires crossed on it too?
Jim, yes both were the same issue and both are running fine. Yes the PO was definitely running it on 2 cylinders, the #2 cylinder was dead and he lowered the price after the tested it.

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
Good,you got a deal,then the new ECM probably would have got it going?,
The snow missed us

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
So here is a video showing a comparison of the engine running on two cylinders and then 3, then it goes to some test rides.

·
Super Moderator
7,995 Posts
You must be really happy...everything back together ( no left over parts? :) ) the muffler sounds great...a lot of work, but you deserve a lot of credit for sticking with it and getting it running like that(y)

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Thanks! Like the Colonel on the "A Team", I love it when a plan comes together like that! That is the most work I've had to do on any of them but ended up running really well. Got to get the lights and a few other minor details taken care of.

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
AWSOME Tim,you did good,I like the way the governor works on the motor,
Creep,the bolts on the right pedestal can be loosened and the center can be bumped forward or backwards to get the creep out,since the handle Locke in the center it controls where the lever sets,if the side panels were ever off there no way it will go back where it started,doesn’t take much movement.

Reactions: PA318Guy
221 - 240 of 266 Posts