My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Thursday I will be hauling the Massey's down to the Woodstock Fair in Connecticut. I took tonight to swap my mower deck onto my neighbor's MF10 with the 12hp motor swap. I then pulled out my snow plow and bolted it onto my MF12. (Going to have to give my tractor & the plow a coat of wax still)

Next year, I plan to bring my son's little MF8 with us too... Heck, I may even bring it this year too. It's not even been touched yet, but it's not in that bad of shape. I do plan to paint the hood and fender pan on it this winter at the very least. Maybe I can even take the John Deere next year!

Anyway, if anyone plans to go, keep an eye out for them!

·
Registered
534 Posts
(Going to have to give my tractor & the plow a coat of wax still)

Next year, I plan to bring my son's little MF8 with us too... Heck, I may even bring it this year too. It's not even been touched yet, but it's not in that bad of shape.

Anyway, if anyone plans to go, keep an eye out for them!

Take the 8 with ya. I'm sure your boy will have a hoot.

If'n your gonna wax em, den pics are in order by my recknon.

Good Luck at the fair.

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
Yes wax=pics :) Have fun at the fair. I got school starting so too busy to go.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
Have fun and take plenty of pics!

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... that wax did not happen, but I was at least able to touch up any chips on the mower deck. Yes... paint damage GASP! I told y'all it would get used! I will give it a sanding on the deck itself and shoot a fresh coat of paint on it before I put away this fall. With the liner it's a quick job to mask off the bed liner and just spray what shows!

I will be taking the 8 with me too. It will be fun getting them all on the trailer! It's a tilt bed trailer which means I need to balance the trailer with the two tractors already on it so I can drive the last one on. The 8 is light, she goes first on once side. I then lock the trailer down and find the "balance point" and strap the 8 in place. Then I can drive the second one on, again locking the trailer and placing the 8 and 10 all on once side and finding a balance point so I can drive the last one up! It will take a while, and once they are on there, I can lock the trailer and move them to transport. Maybe I need a set of ramps!

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, they are at the fair.... I did not take my son's because it would of been a pain to load and it's really not show ready enough for me. If the seat was not trashed, I may of brought it. By next year, it will be ready though.

That same Massey I saw last week was here this week too. His was parked on a little hill and there was just enough room to slip mine and my neighbors next to it. (A perfect placement!) His tractor looks really good with my mower deck on it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Those are sweet!
I love those Masseys.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice.

Did you have to clue anyone in on decal placement, and colour differences
between his and yours?

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice.

Did you have to clue anyone in on decal placement, and colour differences
between his and yours?
I have not met him myself, but there are a few things to notice.... The decals are not on quite right, and the color on the paint we all know. The other odd thing is a pulley for the early starter/generator on the flywheel, but he has the newer style stater and blower cover. The pulley is a simple removal if a newer motor was installed, but it's still on there. It also looks like he has parts to the sleeve hitch on there too! All in all, it is a nice tractor though and he has the wheel weights!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts