My Tractor Forum banner

The right fluid for a rear end

4950 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  MF283
I have an old Columbia Par Car golf cart that has a Spicer rear end in it. I'm not sure if this is a differential or a transaxle. I want to change the oil in it but not sure what the correct fluid is. The rubber pop-in fill cap is easily removed & there is oil in it, looks like plain old gear oil. I need to drain some to see what the consistency is. Not sure how full its supposed to be either. I just want it to be right. I'm attaching 4 pictures including the ID plate in the hopes that someone knows the answers.

TexasFire :thanku:


See less See more
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
I don't know if they can help with golf cart's, i went to Advance Auto Part's the other day & they printed off a complete list of fluids for my truck, couldn't hurt to give them a call if you have one close by.

That should make you feel comfortable with the cart & service from the company:fing32:

1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.