My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody :trink39: nice to see so many other new members signing up.

I have two old mf10's i plan to restore and have already gained a wealth of info just by lurking for a few hours.:thanku:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have already posted some pics on the massey ferguson forum, but i guess a couple more here won't hurt :)

btw, the lawn is a work in progress ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see you got one of them fancy flywheel things for the front
yes, the counterweights are professionally balanced and finely tuned to the rock box:fing32:

all kidding aside, the power wheel barrow machine is pretty beat up compared to the other but it's my favorite... hands down.

all it needs is a rebuilt engine, transmission, rear end, new paint, steering box rebuild... and some new tires... etc...;)

btw, i have the 4 tine tiller and fully functional factory snow plow for it too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is that box on the back and what does the front flywheel do?
box on the back was made out of body parts from a couple different old dodge trucks. it is hinged and dumps itself with the pull of a lever. once it dumps you just reach back and tilt it forward, the box itself is very light.

the counterweight on the front is an old 6cyl crankshaft that i dug out of the dirt, with the flywheel rusted on.

i notched a couple pieces of 1/2 x 6 flatbar to hook on the tractor bumper and cradle the crankshaft. the whole works lifts off. the rock box is mounted via an inverted 3 point design and can be removed to mount the tiller.:)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts