1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
:ditto: That's a very impressive camera for the money.

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,769 Posts
that looks slick DW.. i really like the 12X zoom.. my old sony (uses floppies its so old) but it has a 14X zoom... tough to find a good camera with a high zoom rate...

are you getting or looking? or wishing??

·
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simple_john said:
that looks slick DW.. i really like the 12X zoom.. my old sony (uses floppies its so old) but it has a 14X zoom... tough to find a good camera with a high zoom rate...

are you getting or looking? or wishing??
Well John , right now i have a 4 meg, 3x zoom Toshiba camera that isn't even maybe 2 years old yet. It takes good pictures but boy i would love to have that 12 zoom Canon. I will probably buy the printer that i linked to first as i would like to have a scanner and a copier. I have a nice Canon photo printer already. I'm always looking and wishing....It's the getting that is hard to come by. :confused:

Durwood

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Canon G2 which will soon be 2 years old. I really love it. My son recently purchased the Canon Digital Rebel. That is really sweet!

·
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Canons are nice ain't they Bigdog? By the way now that i have posted this i noticed we have a photography section. I don't know how i missed it but the moderators feel free to move this to there if you want. :bonk:

Durwood

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
That zoom requirement is what took me to the Camedia C-700 ultra zoom 5 yrs ago... Very impressive camera that you are looking at Durwood..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've still got the old Kodak 3 meg camera. Go through my HP 1220 printer. Sure makes a difference with photo paper. Looks like the picture came from Kodak!

Don't know that I am satisfied with the Kodak program however. Has been some trouble. Wants to install to be always running. Always wants to check back with Kodak to see if any updates. Fights with some of the other programs for control.

Other than that I love the camera, but don't use it as much as I should. Also should have gotten the docking station with it, and an extra memory card.

Next time I will be wiser.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,845 Posts
Durwood...when you have it narrowed down to three or so cameras...go to your local camera store and pick up and hold each one..Find one your comfortable holding means a lot!

·
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Argee said:
Durwood...when you have it narrowed down to three or so cameras...go to your local camera store and pick up and hold each one..Find one your comfortable holding means a lot!
That is a good tip Argee. I have held the camera that this one replaces which is the same design and even though it looks like it might be a little awkward, it really isn't. Those little cameras people buy are very awkward to me. I think i need a little weight and mass to balance it right. Holding the camera before you buy it is a smart idea though. Kind of like a woman. :fing32:

Durwood

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
I`ve got a fugifilm -FinePixA330 ,picture card Cam. all that stuff don`t tell me anything . Its easy to use and does a good job.
I really want a photo printer , But I don`t know a thing about them , don`t know whats good or bad , if pics last , without discoloration of the pics.?
AND the better one are high dollar !!!
Someone mentioned the floppy disc cam . I have a Sony , I hope that thing never stops working. it takes awesome pics. and the zoom is amazeing.
I carry the sony in my truck for emergency pics , like tractors and old trucks and on and on.
Has anyone had experince with the printers ?

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
They're all pretty good, Dr. B. Even the cheap ones print really good pics nowadays. Where they get you at is the ink. Epson always had the long lasting ink as a feature on some of their printers. I'm sure the other companies are following that too. My theory is to always keep the computer file (best to burn them to a disc) so can always reprint it later on down the road.

As long as you stay with a major brand printer like Canon, Epson, or HP you should be fine. Just make sure that your PC supports the printer if you are using an older version of Windows. If your PC has a USB port then you should be ok as far as being able to hook the printer to your machine.

I've had an HP printer for 5 years and it's been great. Bought HP's for my parents and daughter too. Seems like the HP ink cartridges are getting smaller. If I was looking for one for myself, I would look into Canon and Epson, too, and try to find report (like Consumer Reports) that compares how much it cost (ink wise) for each printer to print color photos.

·
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Bigdog said:
I have a Canon G2 which will soon be 2 years old. I really love it. My son recently purchased the Canon Digital Rebel. That is really sweet!
So do I and feel the same way , tried to get one of the fellows to get one too not certain what he finially ended up with though!

All of the pics I post are from the Canon G2!

A side note for you printer folks Especially Canon I have a Canon photo printer I850 (As a main printer on a shared network with 4 other computers at the house) which for some reason quit working two weeks ago Delivered it to a Canon repair facility and he wanted $47.85 to tell me it didn't work, I was on the road at the time and called Canon service and expressed my displeasure with that and they issued a repair number to him on the spot and was repaired with a new card in 3 days time, had it picked up last week (No Charge to me and it works perfectly)!!! Yes and the printer was at least 2 years out of warrenty!

If that isn't a testimonial for Canon products I'll eat your hat as us Okies say!!:trink39:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Dean,
The people can sure make a difference can't they. It is good that you are willing to voice your displeasure.

I have one shop that I normally go to. The reason is the people there are good to customers. They treat you like they are concerned for your pocket book too. Not just making their next dime. I do beleive that they get reinbursed for the time and materials on those jobs.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
I have the DX7590 Kodak and am pleased with it's performance! Works well with natural light...I hate flash photography...always looks washed out even if you bounce it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts