My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ain't she a humdinger? A 1982 Toyota diesel. I paid a whopping 2 dollars for it. It runs and drives good,however suprising that is....anyway this is going to be a work in progress and a thread with alot of pics...so prepare yourselves.
Feel free to ask questions....even though I might not be able to answer them....:sorry1:
JD40

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is my first question. How on Earth did you get that for $2?????

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'm guessing the sheriff's auction?

Anyway, is their a bio-diesel thread going to come out of this?

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is my first question. How on Earth did you get that for $2?????
Well,I had been bugging the owner (I never bug people do I ?) about it for a while . I was having a yard sale and he came over to do some shopping and picked up an old knife that I had $2 on. He came to pay me for it and said that he would take the knife and I could have the truck. I was floored!

So that is how I got it for $2.

TG- No extra passenger,but the passenger door flew open on the way home :Stop: (yes I drove it alittle over a mile to my house in that condition with FARM USE tags:sorry1:)

DDogg- Most likely not....it already gets 50 mpg highway.....:trink39:

Hope that answers the questions......ohh but I have more pictures.....I will post them after while...:trink39:

JD40

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is one.......ewwwww....yucky. The cab stinks something aweful. and a look under the hood. A little duct tape got that fabric thingy (the correct term will come to me in a minute) put up better. ohhh and looky what we can see in the second picture TG!

Attachments

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The worlds largest collection of bumper stickers? Quite a few had already fallen off....:sorry1:

Attachments

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Can't wait for the thread to start as I never have seen a diesel toyota before.Is it a toyota engine or did they have an outside supplier for them?

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a toyota diesel. They only shipped about 3,000 of these trucks to the US.

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok now for the bad part....some pretty yucky stuff.

Here we have where the rear springs attach to the frame. Kinda bad huh?

The second one is where the bed attaches...that is easier to fix than the springs...

However the rust on the spring mount is not all the way through...it is just the "bubble kind" that causes the metal to flake off. Any thoughts on how to stop it from going all the way through?

Sorry for all the pics:sorry1:

Attachments

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bumping this thread back to the top for my next adventure with the toyota....replacing the floor pans.....fun stuff huh?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Are bigger injectors available for it? You should put a turbo and an intercooler on it.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Those were highly regarded in their day. IMO, that is an untapped market in this country. We'll see how the Mahindra does hopefully by the end of the year.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ok now for the bad part....some pretty yucky stuff.

Here we have where the rear springs attach to the frame. Kinda bad huh?

The second one is where the bed attaches...that is easier to fix than the springs...

However the rust on the spring mount is not all the way through...it is just the "bubble kind" that causes the metal to flake off. Any thoughts on how to stop it from going all the way through?

Sorry for all the pics:sorry1:
OIL SPRAY UNDERCOAT period -- I live in Canada, and my 1998 & 2002 vehicles, are treated every fall / it will save a vehicle from salt corrosion.

--------------------------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
Golden Rule - "he who has the gold, makes the rule"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really hope that Mahindra's little diesel does well here too. I hope to buy one....

Jd40

1 - 18 of 18 Posts