My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1K poster
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to take some time to brag on Titan Palletforks. I am very happy with my forks, but also got this in the mail yesterday, poor FedEx guy?. I did like it before I saw it in person and loved it even more as I unwrapped it. Very well made as best I can tell. Nice integrated hitch, two spot for long handle tools, shovels, whatnot. But also happy because normaly when I buy 3 point equipment, I need to buy the pins or at least the clips. Well, Titan enclosed pins and clips, to include the hairpin cotter pin for the receiver hitch. Good job guys. It's a lot bigger than I thought. I guess because probably most I've seen are on larger tractors maybe. I like the idea of it doubling as a tool box as well. Cool trap door to let your ballast out when necessary. Wonder how easy it will be to open when lots of ballast is up against it?? I spent the money because although I had a box blade, it's a not as easy to put on and take off, it larger and I'm probably more likely to hit stuff and it can carry twice the load the box blade has as far as weight. So I actually took my wheel weights off and may use them on another tractor.

Attachments

·
Professional Homeowner
7,397 Posts
Nice looking design!
But I think you're going to need something a little more stout for weight. I suggest sand, scrap metal, or rocks.

I'm still using my Titan pallet forks as well, but they're about ready to be retired. They're supposed to be 2500 or 3500 lb capacity I think, but they're bending. My loader lifts about 2,000 lb at the pins, maybe a mit more. The bendage is growing severe. I've had to replace one of the cinch bolts, also... It bent to a 35 degree angle when the fork rotated sideways on me. I got sick of them falling off, so I welded some bits of 3/8" or so thick steel into the bucket just behind the cuting edge to "nest" them in. Since I did that, they haven't fallen off.

It's getting time to upgrade to SSQA and get dedicated forks, but the $$ keeps me using the Titans a while longer. I've DEFINITELY got my money out of them, though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The hitch receiver is a nice touch too. Always nice to find a company that puts thought into how their product will be used and adds the final touches so you don’t feel like you’re getting nickel and dimed to death. Oh who are we kidding, nothing is nickels or dimes any more. It’s $5 or $10.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Good choice. Only issue is the ballast itself (picture #2).... 2 issues with it: 1. not enough weight (could fix with a few slices of pizza, but still wont be enough) 2. The weight you have in there right now is too cute - driving around will cause some bouncing etc, which will cause scuff-marks and scratches, and possibly some noises as the weight moves around (could be squeeky noises, or funny "laughing" style noises). Best to get something that you dont have to worry if it gets a few scratches on it!

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts