My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Still plays with tractors
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the new Allis-Chalmers lawn tractor at my Simplicity dealer the other day. It's a nice looking unit. I was surprised to see that it has a steel hood. I realize that you probably can't do anything with this tractor other than mow or pull a light cart but, for the money ($1799 at my dealer) it seems like a real nice machine. The dealer said they weren't too sure about them but sold the first six in the matter of about two weeks and are getting very good feedback about them. People are saying things like "a lot of mower for the money" and like that. Does anyone here own one or have looked at them a little closer than what I have that could give me the thumbs up or down on these tractors? Our Pastor over at church blew the tractor up so we are on a search for a new one. That happens when you don't put oil in them I guess. I am suggesting this one at the meeting on Monday but I don't want to bring it up if there is some underlying thing that is dreadfully wrong with it. I'm into old ones and I don't know much about these new machines. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts