My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rustyj
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Dr. friend allowed if i would restore to, operating condition, a Craftsman lawn tractor that had set in a barn, for 4 years, that he'd give me his older lawn tractor-even-up. His old one has a really good Kohler engine in it, so i agreed. And, it has the double bucket bagger, too.
So, i did the deed, and brought the tractor home, where it is doing yoeman work gathering leaves!
And, his newer one works great, too.
Then, i took in trade a dark green Craftsman lawn tractor, with a bad engine, so i switched out that engine for another one, which promptly gave out much smoke, prompting the neighbor to ask if he should call the Fire Co. It smoked the whole hill-top in our neighborhood! Then, about that time, my dear wife ran outside coughing and gagging, and smoke was pouring out the front door opening! I hobbled up to the door as fast as my wooden leg would go, expecting to see flames, but she said she had burned the roast she was cooking, but got it out!
It was good that it was a work day, as anybody who was around on a weekend, would have gone off the deep end, and called the cops and Fire Co.
the house smells ok now, but it took a week or so to get the smell out.:thThumbsU

·
Rustyj
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the wife told me to go eat at a local restaurant (with me using my own money) so thats what i did. She's been sick and doesn't eat a lot, is why i didn't take her out to eat. RJ :howdy:

·
Sears/Craftsman Owner
803 Posts
That's funny stuff right there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts