My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With our tractors aging, it is amazing how much you can tighten things up with these washers for 79 cents. Put 1 on each (bottom of) casters of the deck to quiet them down. 1 on each front wheel (behind a clip) to tighten up bearings, two at the top of the steering wheel really snugged that up. Just so many uses to tighten up slop on aging equipment.

http://www.amazon.com/Bunting-Bearings-EW162402-Thickness-Powdered/dp/B0026GU07E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370818046&sr=8-1&keywords=Thrust+washer

·
Registered
844 Posts
:howdy:

They truly have become a necessity in fixing these ole machines.

:hide:

:dunno:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a little taken aback when I discovered the front wheels have no lug nuts, or bolt on hubs. It is a direct mirror of how the spindles attach to the front arm, the front wheel has the hub integral resting against the spindle stop, 2- 1 inch thrust washers, then a big C-clip attaches the wheel on. Kinda genius thought of doing things, got rid of a hub and 4 lug nuts, & very fast removal process, & still 1 inch spindles.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
I like to keep those on hand by the dozen hahahah

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
I just use washers though, never tried using actual bushings

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me (slopp kit), thrust washers have very close tolerances, and are hardened to not wear nearly as much as a washer. One thing is, they never really wear out, they just get thinner, clean them off and add to the collection.
[/IMG]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts