My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nice find Harry especially with the ag tires. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my 445. I tried to trade my 445 off on a 455 once at a local dealer but they wouldn't give me much for mine. I said no and it turned out my son bought the unit which had a pto and 4' tiller.

Good luck Harry!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Great 455! Enjoy!

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Super Moderator
13,441 Posts
Harry I dont think anyone has asked. What are your future plans? Blower? Blade? Loader? Inquiring minds want to know :fing32:

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey Kyle, well the first thing I want to get is a Cat 1 3-point hitch. I can think of several chores around here where that would be useful. I also want to get a 4-way blade. Interesting enough that those seem to be as rare as hens teeth for the 4X5 series quick hitch, at least this time of year. I already have a blower and a blade for the 345 so there is no hurry because I have snow duties covered. Not sure what to make of the 60 deck yet. It is huge and might not be the right size for my property, but time will tell. 54" seems to be just about right. If anyone wants to trade I am all ears.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats. Got mine in 1999, over 6500hrs on it, still purrs like a kitten.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Congrats. Got mine in 1999, over 6500hrs on it, still purrs like a kitten.
Amazing! What a testament to these machines!

Sounds like Harry chose well. :thThumbsU

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
...Got mine in 1999, over 6500hrs on it, still purrs like a kitten.
Wow, isn't that something. Lets see, at 40 hours a year I'll be 195 years old at 6500 hours. That would really be 'The longest Deere hunt'. Do you think they'll still sell diesel then. :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Wow, isn't that something. Lets see, at 40 hours a year I'll be 195 years old at 6500 hours. That would really be 'The longest Deere hunt'. Do you think they'll still sell diesel then. :sidelaugh
Think WE will be the diesel!! :sidelaugh :dunno:

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Think WE will be the diesel!! :sidelaugh :dunno:
Bwahahaha! :D:D:D:thThumbsU

Harry, I have a feeling your annual hours will increase once you get some more attacments and start playing with the 455!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Harryc, They are amazing. It is my favorite because I of the years I have had it.

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
congrats on your newest edition, i read you still have your 345 .
do you still have the x5xx also , nice fleet i must say, either way having or not.

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
congrats on your newest edition, i read you still have your 345 .
do you still have the x5xx also , nice fleet i must say, either way having or not.
Thanks. I do still have the 345. I like it so much I doubt I'd part with it. I did sell the X500 but not because of any problem or cut quality issue. In fact for what it is designed for it is great. A wise man on this forum once told me that once you go with hydraulics (including power steering) on a machine you'll be spoiled for life, and he was correct. :fing32:

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
that person sure was smart , i started and still have a G.T. 242 with a 42 in blade i use this for snow and dirt
it has a 48 in and a 42 in deck ive never have used either 1, but when i plow with it i sure miss the p/s thats for sure
and then i bought my 322 with p/s wow what a difference so then i bought the x310 id never go back to non p/s ever again when i buy next .

·
Premium Member
6,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I am hoping you will comment on how well you like the all wheel steer option. Someday it would also compare/contract what you have liked and not liked about the different models you have owned. I remember when you had that sweet GT225...

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts