My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the pics! That's an uncommon body style you don't see quite as often in one of these- a short bed regular cab.

I'll bet it's fun to drive. :fing32:
Oh yes the brick nose era was short anyhow. 87 to 91, lariat, 302, 4x4, 5 speed ,regular cab, short bed in that era is odd. Most are long beds and inline 6's :dunno:
I have a pair of brick nose era 91's bronco and F150 by chance :fing32:
P1020406.JPG
It really is a blast to drive lots fun I can't talk about :thThumbsU

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So adding to the list of things that need done. Muffler and back on the exhaust work........ And I need a new windshield wiper switch after driveing it in the rain today :banghead3

P1030753.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been awhile since I posted on The Little Mule. Haven't done a whole lot to date. Just finally changed out the windshield wiper switch saturday. So thats all working and now the delay works. Switch has been partially bad since 07 lol. Delay never worked whole time I owned it before :D
P1030253.JPG

P1030087.JPG

P1030090.JPG

P1030204.JPG

P1030205.JPG

DSC00033.JPG So while cleaning in the garage. I stumbled on her clutch, pressure plate, throw out and poilt bear she toasted in 08. Only 8 years later lol. And the 2 water pumps, fan clutch, window motor, and must have changed a head light bulb at the same time. All in the same box.

DSC00030.JPG Ain't terrible bad :hide:

DSC00031.JPG Oh yeah that was the side that went out threw the inspection hole in the bell houseing LOL. At around 6 grand and the clutch stuck to the floor. Oh memory's.

Anyhow my plan is to pull the bed off old blue to make it easy to work on the rear diff and exhaust at some point and fix the parking brake. Weld the patch panels in the bed floor replace shocks at the same time. Then put tire on and go threw PA inspection hopefully and drive it alot more. Fix the AC might not be a bad idea either :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
I love it! I notice you have a Steelers front license plate frame on your truck, are you in/near Pittsburgh? I love these OBS Fords. We just finished a 1996 F250 at work, rust repair and full repaint.

Here is mine- it's a 1995 F150 ECLB. Bought it from my neighbor who had owned it since 2003, and it took me 13 years to convince him to sell it to me. Its got XLT trim, 5.0 V8, 4x4, 5 speed. It's rusty, but I've got all the patches to repair it. It also needs a piece of the frame plated, but it's just starting to pinhole.

Attachments

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I love it! I notice you have a Steelers front license plate frame on your truck, are you in/near Pittsburgh? I love these OBS Fords. We just finished a 1996 F250 at work, rust repair and full repaint.

Here is mine- it's a 1995 F150 ECLB. Bought it from my neighbor who had owned it since 2003, and it took me 13 years to convince him to sell it to me. Its got XLT trim, 5.0 V8, 4x4, 5 speed. It's rusty, but I've got all the patches to repair it. It also needs a piece of the frame plated, but it's just starting to pinhole.
Opps sorry I missed your reply. Was sick for a week, then pulled groin muscle last 2 weeks. Just haven't been over on the truck forum in awhile..........

Anyhow im about an hour north east of pittsburgh. That 96 250 looks like a good truck! I know all about the frame rail right in between the cab and bed .....

We were working on it here. Thats 2008 so its held along time. (thats the steve what did I get talked into face)

P1010534.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I figure you boys might enjoy this old ford truck :thThumbsU

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
While not leaps and bounds im makeing a little head way.

DSC00358.JPG

DSC00337.JPG Been collecting parts to deal with the rear diff. I have been unable to remove the fill plug in the rear end for the better part of 10 years

DSC00336.JPG So bought a ruffstuff 8.8 diff cover with fill plug and new hardware. The cover looks great and is very heavy duty!

DSC00359.JPG You can see what im dealing with here

DSC00364.JPG Everything looked good inside near as i can see. no chunks or fine metal shaveings

DSC00365.JPG The oil on the other hand I know could of used changed as this truck as its been swimming a few times over the years

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00378.JPG Got the cover painted and put on with a new gasket and gear oil of coarse.

DSC00371.JPG

DSC00362.JPG While laying under it. im realizeing my rust issues I have going on. I need a hitch before pulling anything again

DSC00360.JPG The exhaust I knew about and is on my list

DSC00363.JPG The bed floor in this truck has always been an issue. I think I have most of the panels needed out of another bed I cut apart on a wrecked truck to patch. Just wanna pull the bed off to weld them in. And not chance setting the gas tank on fire.

Updates im sure will be slow as im into the big ticket items now. Exhaust, thinking of doing a 2.5 or 4 inch lift just to replace all the worn components of the suspension. And of course tires. I think that will do it along with brakes and replaceing the rubber hoses. Debating on just replacing all the lines as i've never changed any period on this. Knock on wood.

Should get us threw PA inspection and into the promise land anyhow :D I'll keep this updated as it happens

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Its been quite awhile guys. Shortly after the last post my doctors changed my insulin I had been on for 13 years and it took me about 2 years too get back to where I was before they switched it. But I now feel maybe better than 2 years ago and im hitting The Little Mule project with every once of time and money I have now :D

DSC00121.JPG Cleaning the bed of extra stuff.

DSC00207.JPG Getting ready to drive 2 miles too car wash for the first time in years.

DSC00208.JPG Made it there and nothing blew apart. Before

DSC00210.JPG After

DSC00212.JPG So back home smooth 4 mile trip. Tires had me super nervous! Tool box off for the first time in 10 years maybe?

DSC00215.JPG Bed liner out

DSC00217.JPG The sins I've known about for years

DSC00219.JPG Ding ding bed off

DSC00220.JPG Yanny flexing her muscles helping out

DSC00221.JPG Welded the right hand pipe back on the back of muffler and welded the other side where it broke too

DSC00222.JPG Bed where its gonna sit till im ready to put it back on

DSC00225.JPG Bought a allen set big enough to tighten the level plug on the diff cover from 2 years ago

DSC00227.JPG Removing rusty bits. swore I had more pics as I removed the rear shocks and put on new ones

DSC00231.JPG So it was time to start into the bed with all my panels I have. Learning about cutting spot welds and getting to be a decent body guy with nothing but a ball peen hammer and my heavy trailer frame

DSC00233.JPG Got it shaped in ok for a small engine grease monkey with carpentry degree lol

DSC00236.JPG With the the first big hole patched in A its alot more ridge now. And alot learned from it

DSC00238.JPG Cut another one for here. But did not weld these in yet anyhow

DSC00272.JPG Heres about where im sitting today except the middle left patch is welded in already

DSC00274.JPG Laid all the pieces in more or less realizing my grandpa and great uncle set me up for success 11 years ago :D

DSC00276.JPG New parts are rolling in. Hitch in the house for 119 threw ebay for 10,000lbs hitch. Now I'll never use anywhere near half of that weight rateing but figure always better to have more than less of what you think you might need.

I have some vids up to this point I'll post here tomorrow night. still looking for a good used set of tires semi close yet

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cleaning it up and pulling the bed off

Doing so work and looking things over

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Now gravely, this is the ticket. An old truck thread will never die. We love old trucks. Keep're going.

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Now gravely, this is the ticket. An old truck thread will never die. We love old trucks. Keep're going.
Thanks. And more likely this truck will never go anywhere. A vow a made to my grandpa when he bought it for me is I would keep it until there was nothing left. Im very thankful hes still with us and kicking at 88. He came over the one day while the bed is still sitting on patio. I wasn't home but he was happy to see me working on it again / still.

DSC01818.JPG I bought a 2015 F250 about a year ago now

P1000785.JPG But I'll always be proud of my Little Mule :D Pic was not to long after reincarnation #1. This will be # 3

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
DSC00310.JPG Getting things cut fitted and tacked in

DSC00330.JPG Almost there

DSC00340.JPG All the rusty stuff I cut out

DSC00338.JPG Everything cut and tacked. 4 hours of welding ahead of me!

DSC00431.JPG After all the top welding done. 3 2lb spools threw the welder

DSC00435.JPG Ok with that done tail gate back on and will flip the bed up when I have time.

DSC00445.JPG Lets mock that hitch up

DSC00453.JPG Alright rain storms stopped. Lets try out yannys new toy errr i mean attchment

DSC00454.JPG Didn't fold up yet anyhow

DSC00456.JPG

DSC00457.JPG Yanny is strong like bull. I don't know what I would do with out this little yanmar now.

DSC00458.JPG Ding ding lets weld the bottom now yahhhhhh

DSC00461.JPG Hitch bolted on and all holes drilled

DSC00495.JPG Hitch and new tips :D

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00499.JPG Pressure washed the frame. Not bad for 11 year old paint job me and grandpa did

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00502.JPG 2 of 3 things grandpa gave me that will never go anywhere

DSC00565.JPG Bumper bolted on and extra metal cut off

DSC00568.JPG Reason for posting is a big thing was scored. A set of 31x10.50x15 tsl radial super swampers for 400. On chevy 6 bolt rims. But can resell those

DSC00570.JPG Almost brand new

DSC00572.JPG :dancingpa :bannana: These are gonna make it look awesome!

DSC00573.JPG Next to worn 33's there about the same height :D Thought I did really good there.

Next steps are bed liner the bed top and bottom. And paint the frame. Then fuel and brake lines.

Post some vids later

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
DSC00565.JPG Ok to new tips, bumper bolted on

DSC00741.JPG Bottom bed lined

DSC00755.JPG Bed flipped down

DSC00858.JPG Bronco I need your rims back

DSC00873.JPG Bed lined top

DSC00008.JPG Realized mounting tabs for passenger head light were broke so new shiney head lights

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00025.JPG Looking great.

DSC00026.JPG Deathly needed air filter, also changed fuel filter

DSC00027.JPG Front shocks in, changed all rubber flex lines along with rear brake shoes. Also while checking over in this step found 2 issues. RR axle seal leaking. Just great great axles need to come out. And LF upper ball joint needs changed. UGH bought parts and will get to it here at some point

DSC00028.JPG 31x10.50 vs worn 33x12.50 are pretty close height wise

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00041.JPG Painted rims black and super swamps look amazeing :D

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00051.JPG Put together enough to drive it to company party and see what happens. Other than obvious shake from tires not being balanced yet at 55. And ball joint, axle seal and power steering box seal. My only issue was the drives side pipe broke clean off at the muffler. UGH gonna be spending more money there I guess. And when I do the ball joint im gonna put on both new front rotors.

DSC00076.JPG Objective A complete now tires back on the bronco that use to be on it.

DSC00077.JPG Re falling in love with it again too

DSC00080.JPG The body is just so rough on the bronco. Believe me I've thought about fixing it too many times!

So for the moment major wrap on the Little mule project. Will pick away at above noted things and will add vid links here another night

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very nice! That was a ton of welding on that old bed. Kudos for not giving up on it. I love that diff cover and the 8.8 is a very reliable rear axle. I still have my 95 F150. I patched up the frame and replaced all the rusty metal on it, and repainted the whole truck. I ended up replacing the entire bed as mine was in similar shape as yours but my cab floor and rear inner cab corners were the worst parts. I try to avoid driving it in the winter now and I had it undercoated with Fluid Film which really seems to be a great product for corrosion prevention, I'd highly recommend it.

IMG_20190524_140727722_HDR-2137x1603_1564531829729.jpg

Sorry for the hijack!

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Very nice! That was a ton of welding on that old bed. Kudos for not giving up on it. I love that diff cover and the 8.8 is a very reliable rear axle. I still have my 95 F150. I patched up the frame and replaced all the rusty metal on it, and repainted the whole truck. I ended up replacing the entire bed as mine was in similar shape as yours but my cab floor and rear inner cab corners were the worst parts. I try to avoid driving it in the winter now and I had it undercoated with Fluid Film which really seems to be a great product for corrosion prevention, I'd highly recommend it.

View attachment 2388757

Sorry for the hijack!
Looks great! I was greatly considering a whole other bed idea, but welding wire was cheaper. With my fairly tight budget Im doing the best I can do with limited money more or less.

Tractors and tractor shows are gonna be very hot and heavy here next 2 months and time will be limited too then. So will be very slow progress from here out

21 - 36 of 36 Posts