My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I installed my new firepit. It is a 68" wide gravel crusher cone and at the scales it weighed 1540lbs. Of course the loader and hydraulics couldn't lift it, but once I have it strapped to the forks, I rolled the forks back and that lifted it up about 3" which was all I needed to bring it to its new home that we had hand dug.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more pics,..Sorry I didn't get any action shots, but I had a buddy stand on the Imatch for ballast, and still my front tires were really flattened by the weight, but I was REALLY impressed that the 2320 was even able to do this.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
That looks a lot bigger when out of the woods and next to something. slkpk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Some more pics,..Sorry I didn't get any action shots, but I had a buddy stand on the Imatch for ballast, and still my front tires were really flattened by the weight, but I was REALLY impressed that the 2320 was even able to do this.
Are those JD forks?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they are JD forks. And yes I WAY over exceeded the lift capacity for both the forks and the 200cx loader,...but once again the little ol' 2320 pulled through for me :)

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Looking good.. at my place in town i have a small cone for a fire pit.. they can stay warm for a loooooooong time after the fire is out..

How are you going to drain your cone after it rains (and snows).....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hadn't really thought about that to be honest?? But in all my other fire pits that have been dug in (Mostly just old grader rims) I have never had to drain them. I guess if it is that wet that it is full of water and I want to have a fire I have a 2 inch honda pressure pump with a strainer that I could use to pump the water out. In the winter time when we have fire, I just build a fire ontop of the snow and it eventually melts all the snow if I make the fire big and hot enough...good point :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
These small CUTS are astonishing as to what they can do. Your story doesn't surprise me at all. Nice firepit! :thThumbsU

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
2320Guy , that is an awesome Firepit , :fing32: , is it Steel or Cast and how thick is it ???

Later,x595

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The walls are at least 1" think,..at the base I think it is around 2 inches or so,...the lower down you go the thicker the steel gets. It is not cast iton,..it is steel, and lots of it :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a nice roaring fire in it last night,..and this afternoon the outside of the pit was still to hot to touch. Once that thing warms up it stays hot for a long time!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts