My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally found a 7263 worth buying. Bought it from ebay last weekend and it was waiting for me when I got home from work today. :bannana: Assembled, fueled up and started first pull. This is the same model I learned to mow with in 1974, Mom and I bought (mostly her, I was 6) for dad on father's day that year. Used it till I left for college. It died while I was gone and dad let someone have it, never saw it again. Now I can stop trying to talk echoman out of his :trink39:. I will probably try a full restore this fall/winter. Hope I can live up to the 7263 that RCB19 restored.
On a side note, does anyone have a white side-discharge chute they would like to sell? I would be happy with just the chute, but bag and rod would nice too. PM if you do. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
You have, in my opinion, one of the best LB mowers ever made. Subsequent models, (F engine and later), bagan their slow, downhill slide.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You have, in my opinion, one of the best LB mowers ever made. Subsequent models, (F engine and later), bagan their slow, downhill slide.
Please explain how you feel that the F series engine started the demise of lawnboy. It is a very simple and rugged design.

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
Nice mower

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice score ky-mark. It is already in pretty good shape and a great base for a full resto. That model is a tough machine! Keep us updated on your progress.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Looks nice! About the same condition mine is in. I gave $25 for it last year, about this time. I might be able to come up with that white discharge chute. There was one that came in a group of mowers, about a month ago, where I scored the 7264 from the group. There was a white chute in a box. Not sure if it's still there, but I'll look today first thing when I get to the shop. I do know where it might be if it's not, and I'll trade a spare green one for it. Will let you know later on today.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
If Dave doesn't have the white chute, I've got two extras at my place.

That'll be a fun restore. Nice buy.

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
I worked on a 7263 for someone not too long ago. Good mowers, I really liked it, congrats.

I would also love to hear how the F started the demise of Lawn-Boy. It's the best engine Lawn-Boy ever made. IMO Toro and the EPA started the demise of Lawn-Boy.

Here's a pic of that 7263

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts