My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nice score Tim! Hope this one is a little better than the last gold series you dealt with. I still need to get over and see Matt.
Thanks Joe. I paid $90 for that last one and I have $0 in this one so it’s lower stakes at least. Weather looks great this weekend if you can make it out to Exton, I hope you can pick that thing up bc I’d like to watch it get fixed up here on mtf.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks Joe. I paid $90 for that last one and I have $0 in this one so it’s lower stakes at least. Weather looks great this weekend if you can make it out to Exton, I hope you can pick that thing up bc I’d like to watch it get fixed up here on mtf.
I meant to get out there this past week but I've just been busy. It'd make a great project. I just sold the Toro 16585 and my 10227 to make room for new stuff. The 22035 is running good and I'm hanging on to it, for now anyways. Looking forward to updates on this gold series!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Been meaning to make a post for a couple days but for some reason none of my photos wanted to transfer from the phone to the iPad. Now that that is resolved, here’s an update on the 10520. Got it lightly cleaned top and bottom, pulled the muffler to inspect the piston and all I can say is wow! Piston looks super good so I’m hoping this motor will be a good runner. The governor/throttle hookup on this thing was interesting to say the least so i will be picking up a new carb body from the junkyard that has the primer mount and cross bar for the throttle control. Also note how somebody plugged the primer line with a nail. The engine brake bail was bent and welded but fortunately I had a good spare around. There is no spark but of course I have a new F series coil in stock. Anyway I’m very happy with how this mower cleaned up and I’m hoping to have it ready to go in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
And here’s a pic of it with the ‘94 10312. If I had the space I’d own the entire ‘93-‘97 lawnboy line lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
You will love that mower! I have a 10518 Gold and it still has 110 lbs compression and runs like a champ! They are bullet proof!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You will love that mower! I have a 10518 Gold and it still has 110 lbs compression and runs like a champ! They are bullet proof!!
Yes I agree, they are the best lawnboys, just great runners and built to last. My 10651 is probably my favorite mower of all time and I have also owned a couple 10525s, not as nice as the F machines but the three speeds are all great.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just noticed this thread is now joined with a thread Ben started back in November, this was a separate thread I started in December so I can’t even begin to guess how that happened. Technology kind of blows my mind sometimes.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts