My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you guys who have greater opportunity to peruse the fine pages of E-Bay have already seen these listings, but I thought I would post them here, to add an element of humor on this Sunday afternoon. I momentarily thought of contacting the seller and inquiring as to whether he'd accidentally added an extra zero, or whether he was using a tire gauge, lighter and Chore-Boy in an inappropriate manner. Unbelievable.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/gravely-mod...359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e0833e7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/gravely-mod...967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e078e4f

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
For once we agree ... not sure what's going on with this guy. For a real laugh check out some of his other listings -- common rotary plow parts, (including the hex stock for $50), gear reduction hubs for $200.00 each. Kind of strange, but to each his own.

I wonder what led him to these prices? They look to be even higher than OEM Gravely prices on the parts in question.

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
I think there's a fair number of people who just don't bother to research what the going price is for something. They think it should be worth X, so by god, that's what they ask for it.

Whatever. There are enough good deals out there.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
For once we agree ... not sure what's going on with this guy. For a real laugh check out some of his other listings -- common rotary plow parts, (including the hex stock for $50), gear reduction hubs for $200.00 each. Kind of strange, but to each his own.

I wonder what led him to these prices? They look to be even higher than OEM Gravely prices on the parts in question.
The rotary plow parts add up to about $450. And there's no drive.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's cool if that's what they want. They could be in a situation where wife say sell so he said I will fix her and list the stuff and at least "attempt" to sell!!
I called about a craigslist ad over by me the other day and asked about a quick hitch. Guy said yeah we are selling stuff cheap to just get rid of the stuff. Said he would let me have it for a low price of $350... I had to get him to repeat the price to make sure I heard him right... could be the eBay sellers price comparison!!

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's cool if that's what they want. They could be in a situation where wife say sell so he said I will fix her and list the stuff and at least "attempt" to sell!!
I called about a craigslist ad over by me the other day and asked about a quick hitch. Guy said yeah we are selling stuff cheap to just get rid of the stuff. Said he would let me have it for a low price of $350... I had to get him to repeat the price to make sure I heard him right... could be the eBay sellers price comparison!!
I hear you on the possibility of this guy selling stuff (or "attempting" to) to satiate the wife - but usually those valiant attempts come in the form of an entire tractor. This would certainly be one of those occasions to ask the seller, in a matter-of-fact manner, "How did you arrive at your price?"

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
He is playing with peoples heads... A lot of people have no idea what things are worth. So if they offer $100.00 best offer and win the bid they think they stoled it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts