My Tractor Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Well with a show upon us the RMD rises again. Pulled it out to prep it for the Portland Indiana show.

Spent a little time tonight and took the front plate off to lube up everything, aired up the tires, hit the grease fittings and pulled the mower blade since they don't allow them at the show.

Every year I try to add something to finish it off and it is just about perfect, all I hope it add is some type of knob on the throttle handle since it was missing when we got it. Also it will need some kind of cup holder ;)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,051 Posts
Looks good Mike.:fing02::fing02:

You probably won't need the snow cab for this weekend.:tango_face_devil:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Looks good Mike.:fing02::fing02:

You probably won't need the snow cab for this weekend.:tango_face_devil:
You got that right Larry. The show isn't until the 22nd but wanting to prep early!

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a good little machine. Just flipped thru the manual and noticed a lube point I missed, the idler pulley pivot. Guess that's why they make manuals :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
The Hahn ran awesome at Portland. Pops' Whiz Mow was not a good machine for Portland so he used the butt buggy. The old RMD also towed everyone back when Zac ran out if gas. It pulled pops on our butr buggy, Zac on his LTD500, the fan/cooler trailer and Bryan on that butt buggy.

And I attached a picture of the "Hillbilly Express" as I called it, it got quite a few looks having 3 grown men towed together. I followed in the RMD in case a tow was needed

Another great year and another great show :)

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,051 Posts
Sounds like a good weekend Mike........:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Sounds like a good weekend Mike........:thThumbsU
It was Larry! Was longer than just the weekend tho, Wednesday to Saturday. Looking forward to the next show season!

·
Super Moderator
12,937 Posts
Glad that you had a good time at the show, Mike. The "Hillbilly Express" looked like a lot of fun. The front, and rear seating positions looked to be equally important, with the rear man operating the cooler.:tango_face_smile:

I hope you didn't need to back it up at all.:tango_face_surprise

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Glad that you had a good time at the show, Mike. The "Hillbilly Express" looked like a lot of fun. The front, and rear seating positions looked to be equally important, with the rear man operating the cooler.:tango_face_smile:

I hope you didn't need to back it up at all.:tango_face_surprise
I was definitely a blast Dave, next year it will be getting more added Zac said

No one dared to back it out, everyone just parked so it could drive out :sidelaugh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got around to posting another update now that I am on march break. Been battling a cold the last few days so I have not done much but my Dad was working on it. Ill bring everyone up to speed

After we reassembled the differential my Dad put the Hahn on a jack and pulled out the mower so It would be easier to get out the transmission which is shown in the first 2 pictures.

He then pulled the transmission out which required removing the shift plate guide, the transmission safety switch and shifter arm as well as the brake cable and spring. To remove the drive pulley on the bottom there was a snap ring that was very hard to see, and then we used the 3 jaw puller.

Once it was out we cracked it open and found much like the diffential, a hard dried out crust on everything which is shown in the 3rd and 4th pic. He then cleaned it with gasoline and re assembled it with the proper lube which was 12 ounces. We also made sure to put some on all the surfaces that would be moving during first start up to make sure we had proper lubrication

After the transmission was reassembled we put it back into the mower and also installed a new drive belt which was badly cracked. The belt number of the new belt is shown in the 5th pic.

We also took a look in the front steering tower to lube the clutch and brake cables and to check and make sure they were still in good shape. They were still good which also shows this mower did not have many hours on it, they did enjoy the fresh oil to free them up though. A view in the front tower is pic 6

After this we moved onto going through the deck. The blade on it when we got it was horrid, next time I am in that shed I will grab a picture of it if I think of it. The belt on the deck was also totaled and would not come off without disassembling the deck. We began the tear down which is shown in pictures 7 and 8. Picture 9 is of the help cat checking out the mower, it gave us a good laugh so I figured I would include it
What size is the deck belt?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
What size is the deck belt?
Welcome to MTF Jastant, the mower is currently in storage so I can't check it, I believe it should be listed here in the thread tho? Do you have an RMD also? I would love to see pictures

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

101 - 116 of 116 Posts