My Tractor Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well we fired up the Hahn today! First time in awhile. We got it hot, drained the gas and put some 2 cycle oil in to fog the motor for winter.

It will sleep in the barn until show season comes around again!

Thats all for now :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Never shared a picture of the Hahns new mate i got for my birthday (which was August). It is a 1972 Hahn GT700. This was one of the last years the GT700 was made and features the larger 8hp B&S engine. There are many varietys of GT made. Will start a thread once the fix up begins :)

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1421636224.294648.jpg

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,051 Posts
Fix up ? ? Mikey, it already looks like it just came out of the show room.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Fix up ? ? Mikey, it already looks like it just came out of the show room.
The paint job is much better in the pictures, it is a good working paint job. So far it needs new front wheel bearings, the steering needs attention (half turn of slop), the rear axle seal is leaking and the trans does not sound right so that may need attention. The PO told us something is messed up in the carb also, so it doesnt run right.

Nothing major but it does need some love! One rear rim is also totalled (must have been loose for years and wallowed out the bolt holes) but i have spares, the other rims have alot of rust around the valve stems so i will clean those up maybe as well

It did have a fresh motor rebuild before we got it tho :)

Once it is out next time i will grab some pictures and start up the thread

Mikey

·
Super Moderator
13,593 Posts
It looks good Mikey, threads like this almost make me want to collect other brands..... As if Mrs Beef will allow that :ROF

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It looks good Mikey, threads like this almost make me want to collect other brands..... As if Mrs Beef will allow that :ROF
Thanks kyle! These don't have round fenders so Mrs Beef may not approve of the addition! There is one collector out there, great guys that are up to maybe 20 something different Hahn pieces.

In the spring the GT will get attention :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
One of my friends sent me a few pictures of the Hahn display so i figured id post a few since this thread doesn't get alot of updates

The last pic is of my GT before i got it at the show!

Take care :)

Attachments

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,051 Posts
Thanks Mikey. truth is , it's just really good even seeing some gr..gra....grass this time of year !

Have you done any work on the Hahn lately or just too dang cold there too ?

Hey, come to think of it, that yellow paint reminds me of a Walker ZTR that's been ignored for several weeks now too.

Hmmmm..........come'on spring time........

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I agree Larry i am getting tired pf all this snow! Only Hahn being used/worked on has been the Snow Giant. The others are tucked in the barn. Not to cold since we have heat in the garage! Just busy working on our Ford Crown Vic

Next project in is going to be the Snapper 306RA, since the Hahn RMD400 is finished. The GT700 will be after the Snapper maybe, unless the Whiz Mows come in for work

I noticed that the yellows were similar too! Wonder how they would look side by side?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Just picked up my chute deflector for the RMD! It is now 100% complete once i get the front rims cleaned up! Got it from a Hahn friend in PA, my buddies from Michigan brought it back for me. Its rusty but solid! It was removed from a basket case RMD found in the woods

I also got a new shoe for the snowgiant. It isnt new but it is much better than the cracked one on it!

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Love this little thing. Wish ya were closer id let my ford branded Hahn go cheap to someone who had the appreciation you do for these. I honestly don't know when I will have the time to get to it, just sitting in the shed awaiting some love right now lol

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Finally back to working on the RMD. A while back my buddy found me a 26" weed eater lawn mower blade for $1 to modify to the RMD since its blade was in very sad shape. We will be digging out the Hahn later to make the blade fit, it should only need a little bigger hole

Heres the comparison between old and new ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1437664996.575592.jpg

We will be using the Hahn to cut under the fruit trees since the fruit load is making it very hard to cut under with the Kubota

Stay tuned :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
We opened up the hole using a cone grinder in the drill press. Worked great

The RMD started up first pull and cut great, smokes everytime it loads up tho. Oh well it's a good old machine :). No action shots (yet) but the post mow shot is here ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1437688037.060490.jpg

I finally have a Hahn to mow with :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The Hahn mowed the orchard yesterday and had some pear and apple junk on the tires so it was a good excuse to get it out to wear it off! So it took a spin around the yard and out to the mailbox

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1439390625.208596.jpg

Then it conquered "The Ellis Challenge" and climbed the hill at the back

https://youtu.be/kEMvOBXqHoE

Take care guys. I love using this little guy :)

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,299 Posts
Looks like a fun ride, Mikey. And a useful one. Don't recall ever seeing one in my neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Looks like a fun ride, Mikey. And a useful one. Don't recall ever seeing one in my neck of the woods.

It is a fun one, i like it at shows too!

Seems there is a good bit out that way (PA,Maryland, New Jersey), my buddies make a trip out that way every year and grab anything on Craigslist

I haven't seen another one around here either. Hard to find an RMD, not to many were sold. The LTD (the larger RER) was there flagship and is much more common

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Time to resurrect a sleeping thread, I had no idea that it had been so long. The RMD 400 has been enjoying it's slumber in the barn, but it will be getting woken up soon. We have decided that it will be my butt buggy for Evansville this year. While it has been sitting the gas tank began seeping injection oil (we coat the bottom of our tanks with it to stop rusting when they sit drained for a while) so we have to solder that, as well as I would like to dig out, clean, and reinstall the original rims instead of the harbor freight rims as well as give it a good once over.

A month or so ago a Hahn friend bought some literature online and sold me this from it, an OEM RMD Owners manual. I had a photocopied version of one, but wanted to add it to my collection :)

20170306_183428[1].jpg

We are planning to bring this and one of our Whiz Mows this year! Just need to put the rebuilt HH100 back together to get it off the bench and then it is time for Evansville prep!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
We spent some time yesterday and got the RMD 400 dug out and ready to start prepping it for the show

20170408_120508[1].jpg

We then started on repairing it's original front wheels. My Uncle stopped using them and put them in his shed after the front bearings kept falling out (because of the PO). Here is what we are starting with

20170408_203502[1].jpg

Next up we busted out the Harbor Freight tire changer and got the old tires off. The rims will definitely need a sandblasting

20170408_205012[1].jpg
20170408_210813[1].jpg

I spent some time this morning degreasing them and getting them ready to be sandblasted. The sandblaster at my work is still down, so I will hang tight until that was is running again or I find a friend that has one set up

61 - 80 of 116 Posts