My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i bought my JD X540 early this year, there has arrived atleast two more JD ( dont now what series) in the neighbourhood.
All i see now is green down the road. There has ben many people asking where ive bought it. Every one is imprest with the mover. Perhaps i schould ask the local John Deere salesman , for a few procent off the proffit for every new John Deere mover that he sell around here. :)
My wife thinks that i have started somthing here....The Green fever.

:trink40::greendr::thThumbsU

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL....same thing happened here. I built my house in 2005 planted seed that fall, and came home in May 2006 with a new JD 155c. The 3 closest neighbours all had non-jd tractors.
1 had a Cub Cadet, and the other 2 had a Craftsman. during the spring of 2007 the neighbour across the road and the one to my left both came home with new JD's (x300 and x304). This spring the 3rd neighbour came home with a newer model Craftsman to replace his 10 year old model...and hates it.
I just picked up a new x500....and now buddy with the x300 is thinking of upgrading. So I tell him to tell the dealer I will be in next week to pick up my commission.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not happening here... Craftsman owners on either side and the other side of the street use a lawn service. I just keep buying Deeres to compensate.
Nice collection you got there...:thThumbsU

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL....same thing happened here. I built my house in 2005 planted seed that fall, and came home in May 2006 with a new JD 155c. The 3 closest neighbours all had non-jd tractors.
1 had a Cub Cadet, and the other 2 had a Craftsman. during the spring of 2007 the neighbour across the road and the one to my left both came home with new JD's (x300 and x304). This spring the 3rd neighbour came home with a newer model Craftsman to replace his 10 year old model...and hates it.
I just picked up a new x500....and now buddy with the x300 is thinking of upgrading. So I tell him to tell the dealer I will be in next week to pick up my commission.
Its funny how the green paint can effect people. But indead they are great machines.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I live in a country subdivision culdsac. Have 4 neighbors with acreage ranging from 3/4 to 1.5 acres. One neighbor has had a box store Deere for a couple of years. I don't anticipate the other 3 seeing mine, getting green feaver and buying one. But, that’s ok; I spent enough on my x748 to make up for them. :trink39:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Evald! Great to see Green going global :fing32:
Its yust a shame that are goverment here in Sweden have so high taxes and tull costs. These machines are realy expensive here. I had too pay nearly 9700 dollar just for the tractor, 2700 for the 7 buchel bagger and 1100 dollars for the 48" blade.
The X748 almost costs 24000 dollars. :thSick:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Green Fever or Green Envy?

Maybe I have both, my neighbor has a new X748 completely loaded that I keep drooling over, occasionally my wife has tell me stop starring.

·
Super Moderator
35,925 Posts
Its yust a shame that are goverment here in Sweden have so high taxes and tull costs. These machines are realy expensive here. I had too pay nearly 9700 dollar just for the tractor, 2700 for the 7 buchel bagger and 1100 dollars for the 48" blade.
The X748 almost costs 24000 dollars. :thSick:
Obviously you need a John Deere plant in Sweden to help bring down the cost! $24,000 for the x748 is just too much! Maybe offer Prime Minister John Fredrik Reinfeldt a little seat time on your x540 and he will be so impressed he can lower the tariff a bit!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Obviously you need a John Deere plant in Sweden to help bring down the cost! $24,000 for the x748 is just too much! Maybe offer Prime Minister John Fredrik Reinfeldt a little seat time on your x540 and he will be so impressed he can lower the tariff a bit!!!
I will ceep that in mind for the next election..LOL:biglaugh:
He´s is now on the blueich side maybe i can get him alitle more greenich.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts