My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 Gravely Club Mow-In will be held at Point Pleasant WV in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Ben Gravely’s patent, and the 20th anniversary of our club, on the weekend of September 30-Oct 2, 2016.

For further information, join the GTCOA (GTCOA.com) and read about it in the club magazine, the Gravely Gazette.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Re: Gravely Mow-Ins, Shows, Swap Meets, Gatherings, Etc.

The 2016 Gravely Club Mow-In will be held at Point Pleasant WV in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Ben Gravely’s patent, and the 20th anniversary of our club, on the weekend of September 30-Oct 2, 2016.

For further information, join the GTCOA (GTCOA.com) and read about it in the club magazine, the Gravely Gazette.
BTW John, I received my copy of the Gazette. You are to be commended - terrific job. aj

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,061 Posts

I don't know guys..............I saw men in pink shirts, with pink tractors in the Gazette :Stop:

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, of course :sidelaugh

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gravely Mow-Ins, Shows, Swap Meets, Gatherings, Etc.

Yeah, Ellis. You like to stretch things dontcha?!!!

BTW, I set up a Gravely Mow-In 2016 group on Facebook today, for anyone who wants to follow it. Please share it with your friends.

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,061 Posts

Yeah, Ellis. You like to stretch things dontcha?!!!
Been known to on occasion, John.

Let me join the chorus here, joking aside, in complementing a very nice job done with the Gazette :thThumbsU

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the kudos, all. Much credit goes to Mow-In photographers Wayne Pyle and Dave Albert, and the contributors who provided content.

Most of my job was in the layout and design of what I envisioned our club magazine should look like -- things I dove into back in June & July. Purely mechanics.

There's work to be done! I need technical articles for the next issue. This one was filled with Mow-In fluff (I mean stuff).

The scariest thing I face is my lack of technical knowledge on the Gravelys, and what the membership wants to see in the Gazette. I am the first to admit I'm on the fringe of the Gravely cognoscenti. Much of what interests me might not suit the club as a whole.

Ideas?
Articles?
Pictures?

Yes, all the above are needed by Nov 15. That's only a month away, folks so get your fingers to the keyboard and mail 'em in.

Otherwise I'll fill it with 408 articles!! And we know our readership doesn't want that...

Don't worry about spelling, punctuation, and grammatical correctness- I can provide that assist when I review articles. Authors will always get the credit, and a proof copy of the print-ready article before it goes to press, to be sure I didn't screw it up.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Anyone working on an article for the next Gazette should get it in or let me know status ASAP. Mail to: gravelygazette @gmail.com

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Winter Gazette is in the mail. Some reporting they got it on Friday. If I'm lucky I'll see mine by mid week.

Deadline for articles for the Spring issue is December 30. Always figure as soon as one is published the next one is a work-in-progress. So you've got a couple of weeks after you get an issue to get articles in for the next one.

Seasonal (i.e. Snowblowers etc) articles will be held for next fall/ winter. Spring or summer articles should be coming in any time now!

Of course it is always open season for technical & maintenance articles.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts

Winter Gazette is in the mail. Some reporting they got it on Friday. If I'm lucky I'll see mine by mid week.

Deadline for articles for the Spring issue is December 30. Always figure as soon as one is published the next one is a work-in-progress. So you've got a couple of weeks after you get an issue to get articles in for the next one.

Seasonal (i.e. Snowblowers etc) articles will be held for next fall/ winter. Spring or summer articles should be coming in any time now!

Of course it is always open season for technical & maintenance articles.
Mine came on Friday. Loving the cover!

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mine came on Friday. Loving the cover!

Gee Mikey, I hope you got further than the cover. ?. Glad your post office is better than mine.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts

Gee Mikey, I hope you got further than the cover. ?. Glad your post office is better than mine.
Heh! Actually I didn't get to reading it until this afternoon. Work, warm weather, and Gravely stuff got in the way. :howdy:

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hunting season was a bust. I didn't see any deer (lots of turkeys - over 30 on the meadow this morning). I kept thinking what will I do with a deer in 60+ degree weather. Didn't have to deal with that issue. You could say I dodged that bullet. (Groan).

I installed a new battery in the ATV - the electric shift was giving me grief and I had to drag a battery pack around in case I got stuck somewhere. The old battery has enough juice to start my 408?.
I also did some maintenance around the farm. Cleaning up after loggers, and trimming fruit trees the bears tore up.

I had plenty of time in the evenings to think about and start planning future Gazettes.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

News flash: USPS beats FedEx.

Got my Gazette in the mail about 1PM.

FedEx had promised delivery by Friday afternoon but sent it out to Ohio instead.

They sent out an un-uniformed scruffy looking character in a Budget rental truck who parked at the end of my driveway blaring music so loud I couldn't hear what he said when he got to my door.

But it got here.

·
Gravely1964
3,843 Posts

News flash: USPS beats FedEx.

Got my Gazette in the mail about 1PM.

FedEx had promised delivery by Friday afternoon but sent it out to Ohio instead.

They sent out an un-uniformed scruffy looking character in a Budget rental truck who parked at the end of my driveway blaring music so loud I couldn't hear what he said when he got to my door.

But it got here.
My brother called said mine came in the mail today :fing32: And oh boy :hide: The experiences are real :sidelaugh Atleast it made it :fing32:

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,061 Posts

Received my Gazette today. Another excellent edition, John!:fing32:
I still don't have mine :crybaby:

Hey, wonder if I let it expire............again :banghead3

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Membership is on a Calendar year basis, Ellis. You're good through the end of the year.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

Got mine yesterday! Good reading today at work. There are some great articles in it, nice job to all involved. :fing32:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts