My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
cab2900;

You have done an awsome good job on everythang, including the cute little girl. Unfortunally my computer and internet arent fast enough to allow my to watch the vidoe but I'm shure its good.

An update on my dozer. About a month ago I was able to take it out for its first drive. All went well, although it's really to slow to do anything with. Once I get every thang eles done and working I will get different drive motors. I've been making some progress. i got my blade all tacked in place. It will turn left, right, go up and down, plus I also made the blade tilt forward and back, so if I want to grade or dig. I'll try and get some pic's tonite.

·
Josh
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Bob, nice to see you yesterday.

Bigdodge, I'll be lookin for your thread with pics of that blade. I'd love to see how you got all that to work and how you have it powered. Glad to hear its coming along.

My crawler is working great except I just split the case on the transaxle. I found a new one and will hopefully be able to get it on monday. The repair should take about 3 hours.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. I've been following this for a little bit now, but I have a couple questions: What size drive sprockets did you use, and do you have sprockets at all points or did you use smooth wheels for the idlers? Where did you get the calipers for the steering brakes?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ditto on the transaxle. What split the case? Nice to see some updates.

·
Josh
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It looks like a gear on the inside tried to poke outside the case and split it. I wasn't being hard on it at the time, but I had gotten a little wild with it lately. I guess I'll have to slow down a bit and not do so many donuts :)

The sprockets up top (hi-drive design) are 72 or 60 tooth. There are flat steel idler wheels at the front and back that fit just inside the two roller chains (they run parallel) There are also flat steep bogies underneight in the middle of the tractor's front-to-back center of gravity. The calipers came from Ebay and I had to modify them some to fit on the larger disk. I made the disks from 3/8 plate steel.

Thanks for the comments guys. Take care

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Nice repair time! Glad to hear you will have it up and running for the show. I'm sure all the toys will turn some heads!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very impressive tractor! Great job!!!

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
holy cow wesure enjoyed seeing this tractor . the amount of time in effort in here but also its restoration and attention to detail is amazing

I can go certainly understand difficult to let go ofsuch a beauty.

I can only hold something over many times and letting go is so difficult...

how close I can share with you quotes " sometimes you have to give up a diamond to find a pearl. "

Regards,

Marlboro180 Marlboro brian n

41 - 51 of 51 Posts