Part Number: 21108200 ASM,CYL W/VALVE GUIDES Product ID: GRAVELY
Qty Required: 1 Qty Available: 0
List Price $: 489.40 USD

Discount Code: A Stocking Code: 5 Service Status: X Standard Pack:

Location Available
DS-JASPER 0

There are no more new Gravely jugs for the L or C model tractors. :crybaby:

The era has ended.

Guess who has a brand new one pickled for use as a pattern to get new ones made. :D

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is a real shame. There are so many machines out there that need parts, I guess that we will be forced to make our own, or have them made.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
That is definitely NOT good news Don? Is the company planning on making periodic "runs" of jugs or are they likely gone forever? They certainly still have the casting/die equipment, so what's going on? Is it looking like the good Gravely folk will have to seek out a foundry somewhere and borrow that pristine jug of yours as a template?

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is definitely NOT good news Don? Is the company planning on making periodic "runs" of jugs or are they likely gone forever? They certainly still have the casting/die equipment, so what's going on? Is it looking like the good Gravely folk will have to seek out a foundry somewhere and borrow that pristine jug of yours as a template?
X means no more, period.
If what I've been told is true ( and I have no reason to doubt my source ) these units are not new that I got. They are units cast as far back as the late 80s maybe. Patterns may already be gone. As for a foundry, I have one in mind that is right in Ariens' backyard. :D

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are they on pistons and other pieces?
005, 015, 025 are gone. 20+ STD, 20+ 010, 20+ 020, 20+ 030 so pistons look good for now. Connecting rods are gone but bushings are 20+
for crank end and 9 for piston end. Parts I'll be ordering. Crankpin is 20+

·
Registered
268 Posts
I dont know if I am more scared, or sad. Ill have to convince my dad to rebuild his very soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts