My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Flip over 180 at 4 bolts, unbolt and rotate controls 180 and it should work....

Sent from Steve of GAAFK
Not the way it's welded up. On the new style drives, the mounting plates have welded spacers that the plow drive bolts to. But these bolt are the outer bolts on the drive and not the bearing cap bolt like the old style uses (SCMIIW). It looks like Crowley made mirror image plates, one for the front mount and one for the rear mount. Anybody have an IPL?

Front mount new style; IMG_1917.jpg

Rear mount new style; rear mount ns.jpg

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
well my trencher does trench an excellent ditch but it did loose a fight today with a fence
Well, I am thinking the trencher will live to fight another day. Down, but not out. The fence, on the other hand.... doesn't look like it faired so well. :) Call it a draw. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
trencher grab a rock and jerked the machine forward happened so fast it grabbed the fence and went for a climb up it. didnt hurt the trencher, just bent the bars on the tractor and well your right the fence didnt walk away from this one. lol

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
trencher grab a rock and jerked the machine forward happened so fast it grabbed the fence and went for a climb up it. didnt hurt the trencher, just bent the bars on the tractor and well your right the fence didnt walk away from this one. lol
I see a gate in your future......

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah my dad is the one looking at it wonderin how bad his fence is..lol

but other then that issue i dug a 1ft deep trench little over 100 yards in about 30 to 40 minutes

overall i do like my trencher the worst thing about one is the weight, i belive i need to also get some chains on my tires and also going to add a weight rack on this one or even a type of seat.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
well my trencher does trench an excellent ditch but it did loose a fight today with a fence
Huh I've never seen a Gravely powered horizontal fence stretcher before!! Lol

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Cut a hole in the roof and rent a helicopter. Looks like it is waaaay in there.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ron, what did you think of mounting it to the tractor? Was it a bear? I see the floor jack.
Yes to the bear part. Lindey helped me, but all she did was wiggle the handle bars a bit. I used the jack to hold it up to line up with the quick hitch. Having an extension on this would have made it harder. I can see some kind of support jig in this thing's future.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That looks very much unlike the front end of an 816. Failed archeological dig, perchance?
I haven't got to the 816 yet. That's a weekend project. I'll need to do some work on getting this up to speed before I start that project.

So far, so, good. The front bearing could use a replacement, the bottom one is fine and the plow drive seems good too. I most likely will take it apart and replace the grease.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts