My Tractor Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1080 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Very nice job. I can't wait till i get to restore my jacobsen chief to her former glory.

·
10,273 Posts
Well, I was looking for another project, and was scanning for another Craftsman II, The Ford just happened to be going to the scrap yard and I was asked if I wanted it. It was a hard decision wether to part out or restore, either way it had to be torn down. The deeper I got into it (Fired the engine for the first time, and added fluid to the hydro and saw that the drive train worked, I think at that point I knew I was going to restore. Over all the Deck was the hardest and most expensive challange. I want to re-thank the members that helped me with some parts.
And guess what, I may be getting another (needed) project tomorrow. It may look like scrap, but I see a challange to be conquered.

Thanks all!
That is a great story larry. Im glad it got a new lease on life. That is amazing that in that sad state it actually ran and moved. Imagine how many more of these machines would be left if the owners had more maitanence and mechanical knowledge?

Mikey.

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts
Hi Larry,

Going to do a "play-by-play" on the next one(project)?

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,064

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,066
Checked the link (though couldn't view vid) ,but see what ya mean in the pics. But, tines look decent for it's age.

Erm, have fun....
The link was from the PO banging on the piston with a hammer :sidelaugh

Yes, a repower is needed.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,068
Wow! Two and a half days to go through this thread! Great job!!! You've inspired me to find something that my grandsons and I can restore.
Thanks for viewing the whole thread, I did do a condenced video in post 1033. I like reviewing these my self.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,070
check out the jacobsen heavy duty on my page. it is IDENTICAL to the ford 195, except the color
Looks good, must push the snow well!

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,025 Posts
check out the jacobsen heavy duty on my page. it is IDENTICAL to the ford 195, except the color
That is the first I had seen this model Jake. I like the LGT 195 and I guess it only stands to reason that they made one in Orange.

What year is yours ? Any original pics before the repaint ? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
this is the only jake of that model i have ever seen, untill i typed garden tractor in the search box, and clicked on images. this is my friends tractor (he moved to texas and no longer needs it.) no origional pics, but the pics i seen are all orange with jacobsen in big white letters on the side panels. it is a 1974, 20hp kohler with hi/lo hydrostatic tranny. it is very heavy. i am praying for a heavy snowfall, cuz i have yet to make her grunt. i really like your ford, dont see many of them either. i always thought it would be neat to have a ford tractor, being a ford nut my entire life!

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,073
Yea, kinda hard to put a beast like that to work in Texas. Too small for the fields, and too big for the yards, unless you have a fair size garden. Heck, BMP rarely gets used at my place.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,074
Well, Blue Money Pit, aka BMP may be sold next week. Not a total loss as I need to make room, need funds, and keeping up with 4 LGT's can be somewhat overwhelming. BMP was a fun, abet expensive project, especially the deck. Logan and I had a good time working on him. BMP was only used to tow a trailer around on the property, No mowing duties. I have another GT that can pick up those chores now. I will be sad to see him go, but we all have to move on.
In Memory.

Attachments

·
10,273 Posts
o
Well, Blue Money Pit, aka BMP may be sold next week. Not a total loss as I need to make room, need funds, and keeping up with 4 LGT's can be somewhat overwhelming. BMP was a fun, abet expensive project, especially the deck. Logan and I had a good time working on him. BMP was only used to tow a trailer around on the property, No mowing duties. I have another GT that can pick up those chores now. I will be sad to see him go, but we all have to move on.

In Memory.

You definitely saved that sad tractor Larry! Glad you found it another good home :)

Goodluck on future projects!

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,076
New owner will ne here this Saturday, hope to catch some parting pictures. :crybaby:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
It was a fun ride. Blue Money Pit aka BMP is off to his new home.

Attachments

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,025 Posts
:howdy: R.i.P. BMP.........:trink39:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,079
I revisited this thread with some sadness, but it is useful to others. I think it is fitting to post the changing of the trailer towing duties.

Attachments

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,802 Posts
Well, good on ya tho, Larry! You got'er done! :thThumbsU Whereas, I'm still working on Bror! :dunno:

(Wonder if there will ever be a "longest restore thread EVER!" contest? :sidelaugh)

1061 - 1080 of 1080 Posts