My Tractor Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1080 Posts

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
BMP is looking great larry , you may want to bend that guide back just a little to stop the belt from touching it , in thoses pictures is the deck lowered all the way ? , orginaly all the decks supposely came with a spring to hold the latchs closed , or so a manual i read say so

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
orginaly all the decks supposely came with a spring to hold the latchs closed , or so a manual i read say so
Yep, sure nuf, Item # 5 in the parts diagram. I should have one laying around somewhere. Thanks.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
glad i could help

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The deck on my 165 does not have that bar because it hits the aux. Hydraulic pump when fully lifted.
But it is on my other tractor and doesn't hit the belt, so bend it up .
Should be able to run flat on the rollers with out any issues.
I wish my lawn was that flat, I have all sorts of rolls and sway and unevenness, and it mows it like a carpet . All my neighbors are envious, and my lawn is the only one that doesn't burn up too.
Not bagging the clippings really helps too.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
OK, I went through all the springs I have and couldn't figure how to attach any of them, so I tie wraped each side, latch is nice and tight now. I also bent the guide up some so it isn't touching the belt now. Should be good now.

The cut is really good. I mowed last weekend, and the grass is growing real even, no un-even strips, and is really plush now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks real good Larry . I hope you cam get the entire job finished the next round ;)

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007
I think it will work fine now, most of the bugs were in the deck and old belts. I was able to drive BMP around for a couple months while working on the deck and worked the bugs out. The deck had to be used to find the flaws. Hopefully the deck won't have to come off till the winter cleaning. I brought all the toys out to give them a run to charge up. Hulk II has sit for a couple months as he is the least used now.

What are the front tire size I should have on BMP? HULK II has 8" rims and I have 16 X 6.50 X 8 on him. BMP has 18 X 8.50 X 8.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
16-6.50-8 is what they ran on all but the 195 that had 18s.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,011
Going to try this again tomorrow. I weedeated tonight (2 tanks of gas) yes I have a lot to edge, and in the morning I'll run the push mower around all the obstacles (Hope it runs well, I have negleted the pushrer lately). Break out BMP, Add Sunblock, a 6 pac, MTF hat, and work tunes..... I'll let you know :trink40:

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,012
:dancingpa Full cut today, BMP ran beautiful. Really enjoyed it and the deck clean up was easy with the air hose.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Very good ! All you need now is powersteering LOL ;) j/k great news.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,015
Well, this looks to be a good ending to this thread. I cleaned up BMP, and the Craftsmans after this weekend mowing and yard work. Time to look for another project. BMP was a challange, and fun. Like many of you have said BMP has a fantistic cut, the hydro is easier to control, and overall the LGT 145 is one heavy tractor. Thanks for all the support, and hope to find a new project soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Many thanks Larry for sharing your project with the Forum. The information that you and others have brought to this thread has been really helpful to me in my LGT145 rebuild project. I am still at the steering repair stage with much left to do in the months ahead, but as long as the thread stays on the Forum, the info will be there. I am trying to find a generic aftermarket replacement for the Ross steering gear bearings and will share that info with you and the Forum if successful. Cheers, Pete

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,018
April 21, 2012 update.
Spending the weekend cleaning out the shop, man I acculmated a lot of junk. I'll need to make two dump runs next week. Any how, Hulk II and BMP are getting along well together (Red is in the other shed). BMP has taken over the mowing duties, and Hulk II is used for towing and general moving things around. As you can see I have Hulk's deck stored, and a spare engine. I am continuing the search for a spare steering drive and other "spares" for BMP.

Thanks All

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
still waiting on the ford vs ******** er Craftsman pull off... :) We know who will win.
Nice work Larry, glad its all in tip top shape. you did a great job.

1001 - 1020 of 1080 Posts