My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took about 12 weeks off of work to get a big jump on this project.

Added over 1500 sq ft. to our 1000 sq ft home. I designed the addition over the winter leading up to when the footings could be put in. My brother-in-law helped with his air tools & time + I did get help with framing and drywall from family members.

I did all heating - 4 hot water heat zones - electrical - plumbing & sewer. I guess you could say I acted as architect, general contractor, mechanical contractor, plumbing & electrical contractor.

Old House Floor Plan

New Floor Plan with Addition

Link to Pictures of the project

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Now THAT'S a project. Great Job! :congrats: Something you can really be proud of. The drawings were very interesting....and quite a change.

The pics were super too...I like the shot of the shower going up the outside... :D

Any shots of the final Home inside and outside with any landscaping?

Super job, and thanks for posting. :fing25:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg said:
Now THAT'S a project. Great Job! :congrats: Something you can really be proud of. The drawings were very interesting....and quite a change.

The pics were super too...I like the shot of the shower going up the outside... :D

Any shots of the final Home inside and outside with any landscaping?

Super job, and thanks for posting. :fing25:
Haven't gotten around to very much landscaping yet. We still have temporary back steps. Hopefully this summer I can get some of that done.

My wife gave me some greif for that shower up the outside of the house deal that's on page 8. She bugged me throughout the project to ask for help, when I needed it. I'm stubborn sometimes. I was home alone one afternoon and decided to get that 1 piece shower unit to the upstairs bathroom using a block & tackle. It worked.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Nice Job!

keweenaw...

Nice job, and nice presentation! :congrats:

What software do you use for that neat way of displaying all of your pics?

They must be hosted on a server somewhere? I have been looking for a way to do the same thing!

Please advise!

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Mark,

Are you thinking of putting up your own website or just looking for a pic hosting site?

Greg

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
Very Nice!

Did you do the design? The way the new structure ties into the old & blends into the existing style is well executed!

Great job!

Another good home-addition/remodel/building site one of our members (and chock full of photos too!).

-=A=-

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Greg said:
Mark,

Are you thinking of putting up your own website or just looking for a pic hosting site?

Greg
Greg...

I have a web site (98dodge.com)

What I would like is a link viewers can click to lok at my pics.

My brother owns the server and hosts my site, so space is not a problem. I guess I would like to upload the pics to my server (brothers) and just have a neat way for folks to look at them there. Maybe this is a topic for the computer forum? :)

Later!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mbkerk said:
They must be hosted on a server somewhere? I have been looking for a way to do the same thing!

Please advise!
Thanks.

I bought a program that assembles the pictures that way. It ends up to be several folders containing hundreds of files that I upload to my web space.

I buy - rent - web space by the year. I have 2 domains that I pay for which point to that web space. Took a while for me to get it all working, but the end result is I can share pictures & web pages with family and friends.

Sounds like your brother does that same and may be able to help you out with what you are looking to do.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CatDaddy said:
Did you do the design? The way the new structure ties into the old & blends into the existing style is well executed!

Great job!
I did design it. I used Broderbund 3D Home Architect Ver 4.0. It allows you to view the design in 3D - do virtual walkthroughs & see what the design looks like with furniture.

The original structure has 7' ceiling height downstairs except for 8' in the old bathroom & laundry room & 6'8" upstairs. Matching that up to the new 8' ceiling heights was probably one of the trickiest parts of tying old into new. Ended up with 2 steps in the middle of the upstairs hallway. Looks like it all belongs together now.

My goal was to make it NOT look like an addition. I had people trying to talk me out of going with 8/12 pitch roof on new section. If I didn't, it wouldn't have matched the old. Plus it will never have to be shoveled in the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts