My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is craig and I am addicted to my tractor.

I began going out to sit on the tractor in the shed but I usually end up taking it out to do "something". This can be anything-pull a stump? no problem. Cut the lawn? What do you say? It doesn't need to be cut? No problem! Cut it anyway! I went out tonight at 4:30 to sit on it and I ended up pruning bushes!! I scrounged up money to buy gas just so I could play...um, er...use the tractor to WORK in the yard! I do have an understanding wife of 13 years who doesn't roll her eyes ( TOO much) when I go outside to "use" the tractor. I have already burned more gas in 13 hours of use than I did all season last year.
I know the tractor is still new, but the grass doesn't even get a chance to grow!! Let the grass grow to 3" or more?? Its torture waiting! I can admit it now, I have a problem! I can quit any time though!! Honest!! There is one person on here who states, "taking care of land can be addicting!" You are sooo right!

Its ok though, I can stop anytime!........I think....
:hide:

Does anyone here "suffer" from this affliction?

·
16,611 Posts
There are a few of us around--

even thou, I try to keep the folks in the straight/narrow...:sidelaugh

·
10K and Climbin!
12,344 Posts
Sounds like the beginning declaration of a new MTF Forum:

Tractor-Holics Annonymous!!!!:bannana::bannana: :bannana: :eek:mg:

Let tonight's meeting convene...

Hi- I'm Dave and I've been a tractor-holic for 40-some years..

It all started on an old John Deere 110 & a 2 acre yard..

Now I have 6 tractors and keep scanning C/L and roadside yards as I travel about wherever I go..

I believe I am getting better because I sold my old JD 314 last week allthough it caused unrest in my inner soul.. :Disgus:

I.... can't... think about it any more!!:duh: :swow:

Now let's join in and say the MTF 'Serenity Prayer'...:praying: :praying: :praying:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the fact that other Folks may buy up more tractors than I can..

Also grant me the courage to pick up and fix & repair tractors I find along the road..:greendr: :hide:

And the wisdom to share my experiences with my E-friends on this forum and not to let my wife know about it!!:hide:

:00000060: :sidelaugh :sidelaugh :eek:mg: :sidelaugh :ROF :ROF

·
Still plays with tractors
2,290 Posts
Man, you have a problem, but, take heed as we have the solution for you. This is also a support group and we want you to know that we are here for you... when we're not in the shop... or cutting grass... or plowing the garden... or riding through the woods... uh, well, yes, the remedy for your illness is to buy two more tractors and post pics in the morning!:bannana:

·
Registered
266 Posts
You could do like I do,
I pull a roller around to flatten out the mole hills.I found a neighbor who needed his grass mowed on a regular basis,pull the kids around the yard in a cart or wagon.i also take care of my inlaws yard and some of my Dads.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Well, ya know, like any disease, recovery is a process. We recommend you come to meetings to share with others who can totally identify with where you are coming from. You need a sponsor to help you through those times of greatest temptation. We also recommend you get the Big Blue Manual of Universal Tractor Wisdom; and read it One Day @ a Time.

The good news is you don't have to fight it anymore - cos surrender is the key - and if you keep the key in your pocket, you can ride your tractor anytime for "instant relief".

Honesty with self is essential. This is not about guilt and shame - Lord Knows we have had enough of that. However we recognize that this is a tall order for some - yes, there are such unfortunates. And when granted the blessing of the above accurately stated Serenity Prayer, still cannot come to grips with the fact that it is totally ok to go cruising on your tractor without mowing the lawn that doesn't need it.
We also have instant relief for such unfortunates - it's called High Test Fertilizer - grab a bag or two of 30-10-10, add a little water, or do a rain dance - it's about whatever works - and sit back for a few days and the wife will beg you to mow the dammm lawn cos it's higher than the seat on your tractor - you know that's high right?

You will need help to control this situation - from a Power Greater Than You Are - such as - yep - your FAV TRACTOR - immediately upon stumbling over such realization, you should make a decision to turn your pathetic fate over to said Power and follow the Only True Will, in all honesty, free and guilt of shame and all that useless crawp, and MOW that PowerHouse Lawn like there is no tomorrow - cos it might rain, afterall - and that makes mowing difficult.

At our next meeting we will meditate on Personal Inventory - note that there is no fear anymore - we are now in the Solution to what was once a hopeless downward spiral.

Welcome to Recovery

Let us again say the above stated Serenity Prayer of MTF. And remember - Easy Does It - but for God's Sake, and your own, Just Do It. And when it all slows down, just add more fertilizer, and always have reserve gas at hand.

Once again, we are moving forward into a new era of Serenity with our newly discovered High Powered Tractors.

Peace bless you and yours.

(sigh)
:hide:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Man, is that ever a relief, I thought I was starting to go crazy and was afraid to say anything! Got five tractors, four running and I'm getting the itch for another one.

·
5,523 Posts
The Addiction :sidelaugh

You dont have a addiction till you buy a bolens trust me I have 30 bolens. :bannana:

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Can someone share their experience strength and hope on the important process of Personal Inventory? It's mainly a list of your assets and liabilities; but some comments on how it has affected you would be helpful to others. This is an opening meeting - anyone can share - usually we start with something like Hi, I'm Gray, and I'm Totally Addicted to Tractors and MTF - or similar as it describes you.

And don't worry - you are not alone.:ROF :sidelaugh :wwp: :MTF_wel2:

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Thx for sharing wilberj

See? that wasn't so hard.

Anyone else care to share - this is all helpful to others - you never know how you help other people.

:eek:mg: (did you hear that? 30 of 'em - that's off the scale - does he have a sponsor?)

ahem - woops - :sorry1:

would someone else like to continue with inventory?

:comp26:

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Some of you may have other things you would rather discuss about addiction or anything related, even if you aren't sure - just jump right in - there are no rules here.
:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Relax my son,

Yours is not an affliction but an understanding of the grander scheme of life. The Yin Yang that is nature.....

The lawn exists to be cut
The leaves exist to be raked
The stump exists to be pulled
The flowers exist to be planted

The tractor exists to be worked.

He who understands this is actually one of the sane.

Pray for those poor souls who hate to work in their yard. For they are lost and have no balance....

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,583 Posts
Hi everyone.....my name is Kent, and I am a tractor addict.....

I have been an addict only a short time (since december) but I knew I had a problem last thursday, when I spent 3 hours riding my old Magna, just because I got it fixed......the lawn was too short, so I mowed the grass creeping into the driveway......and closer to the wood pile.....

I have found myself dreaming about what implements to build next during my history class.....when I should be listening.....but I think I will be starting a rear blade soon....

I only have 2 tractors, but I would have to include the 2 gocarts and dirtbike into my addiction...pretty much anything with an engine....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Problem??? I don't think so... (but please do not ask my wife...)

I only have 2 tractors, so I do not think that I have a serious problem, but it is nice to know that good members of MTF are always here!!!

(and again, please don't ask my wife...)

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Sounds like the beginning declaration of a new MTF Forum:

Tractor-Holics Annonymous!!!!:bannana::bannana: :bannana: :eek:mg:

Let tonight's meeting convene...

Hi- I'm Dave and I've been a tractor-holic for 40-some years..

It all started on an old John Deere 110 & a 2 acre yard..

Now I have 6 tractors and keep scanning C/L and roadside yards as I travel about wherever I go..

I believe I am getting better because I sold my old JD 314 last week allthough it caused unrest in my inner soul.. :Disgus:

I.... can't... think about it any more!!:duh: :swow:

Now let's join in and say the MTF 'Serenity Prayer'...:praying: :praying: :praying:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the fact that other Folks may buy up more tractors than I can..

Also grant me the courage to pick up and fix & repair tractors I find along the road..:greendr: :hide:

And the wisdom to share my experiences with my E-friends on this forum and not to let my wife know about it!!:hide:

:00000060: :sidelaugh :sidelaugh :eek:mg: :sidelaugh :ROF :ROF
Well, Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions. There is no danger in anonymity as far as other people finding out how totally weird we can sometimes get in our insatiable obsession with tractors, or hanging out in this cool forum where we have friends all the time and tons of cool tractor stuff to discuss, share, learn about, discover - whatever makes everyone feel good. The old adage - once a TractorJunky, always a TractorJunky no longer applies. And ultimately, through anonymity, no one was ever here. If YOU want to know who was here, you have to be here - and when you leave, no one ever knows. There is no fear, no shame, no guilt. It's all good as we know and grow and play with our tractors, together; even unto the end of time. cool. :ROF

I sometimes feel like a misfit cos I don't own the usual kind of tractor. I am learning and shopping for a GT - and my time will come. For now, I own a WalkBehind 2 wheeler, well it has castor wheels out front of the deck which is out front of the motor which is out front of me. And I like it - which is what works best. But I don't quite fit in the 2wheel section either - mines mainly a mower, altho I do have a dethatch unit I attach to the front - it looks like an 18 wheeler when I do that.

Now I want to say that I appreciate immensely all the help I get in my research on all kinds of tractor stuff. I could not do this without you people sharing and caring like you do.

Also thanks for helping me fix my funny lil tractor lately. That was amazing.

This scene is a gift.

:)

And I can't stop hanging out here. And don't want to either. :)

:bannana:

·
Gun Toting Democrat.
144 Posts
I sit on my tractors to smoke.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts