My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Wheel Horse finished today. Well, almost finished. I am getting real decals made, but I stuck these on here for the time being. Here is the tractor when I got it. The PO painted it top to bottom with red primer. It actually didn't look that bad, but I thought something else could be done.
The 7 HP Techumse has been completely rebuilt, and runs very nice. As you can see, I went a little out of the box, on this one. I just wanted something a little different, and I think this is.
The only red on the tractor is the key ring, and some wiring. To keep the Wheel Horse purists happy, I put a little red in the tractor. Just for kicks.
20210506_065614 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Very impressive. Thanks for sharing

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.how many restos have you done?
6 to date. 1 John Deere, 2 MF 14's, 3 Wheel Horse, and another Wheel Horse C-125 tore apart on my garage floor, as we speak. I think this just might be the last one. I simply don't have room for any more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Really been thinking about restoreing a tractor. Cost is keeping me from doing it. What do you do with it when you are finished? How do you recope the money it takes to restore one? Those are probly my main questions. You do great work.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you do with it when you are finished? How do you recope the money it takes to restore one? Those are probly my main questions. You do great work.
The only one I have sold is the John Deere. If you are going to do this to make money, forget it, you can't. You will never get your money back.
I have $1000's in this tractor. I could MAYBE get $1500, if I sold it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts