61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I also ordered a 24'x24' steel building for a shop

that will make a nice add on to it

john
Nice! I've never constructed a steel building before so it will be a new experience but I can't frame one the same size and finish it for the cost of the insulated steel building. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. I may not be saying that when I try to erect it haha.

I wanted bigger but I only have so much room on my current lot. It'll serve me much better than the shade tree out back anyways that's for sure :tango_face_smile: Only problem is winter has struck in full force here so I'll be waiting until spring to pour the pad.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Nice! I've never constructed a steel building before so it will be a new experience but I can't frame one the same size and finish it for the cost of the insulated steel building. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. I may not be saying that when I try to erect it haha.

I wanted bigger but I only have so much room on my current lot. It'll serve me much better than the shade tree out back anyways that's for sure :tango_face_smile: Only problem is winter has struck in full force here so I'll be waiting until spring to pour the pad.
Hey Matt, haven't heard from you since your Christmas greeting/cracked elbow problem. Hope all is well and that you have moved along with the steel building. If you get the chance, sure would like to hear how everything is going.
MikeC

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hey Matt, haven't heard from you since your Christmas greeting/cracked elbow problem. Hope all is well and that you have moved along with the steel building. If you get the chance, sure would like to hear how everything is going.
MikeC
Hey Mike! Sorry I've been on and off on MTF for a bit but mostly just perusing threads. I "finished" the old girl to workable standard, used it for the winter and about 3 weeks ago sold her! The new owner is a bit of a cockshutt/white enthusiast so I can't see the old girl being mistreated haha.

Today I picked up a YM186D with a YFL650 loader.......my first compact!

Should be interesting but it has 527 original hours on it turf and ags on separate rims and is in beautiful shape for being of the '82 vintage. Pretty excited about it. I was considering a new Massey or Kubota compact but the loader lift heights were letting me down heavily since they wouldn't lift high enough to dump into my F-550. The old Yanmar does it with about a foot to spare. I'll post some pictures on the weekend.

The Kubota G5200 I was redoing got put majorly on the shelf when I discovered a cracked head by the exhaust manifold during the tear down process. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. It's too good to part out but may need a new head and haven't had time to deal with it as of yet.

I hope things are well with you and I want to be more active again on here as time allows. My slower season is coming up quickly.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts