My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone in Indiana is selling a couple of 990s plus a moldboard plow and cultivator. They don't look to be MTD, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300625462622&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Take a look at the 3-point hitch. I wonder if the guy knows that he has the draft bars on backwards?
Also, how did he get that to work in the first place? Must have lengthened the pull rods? There must be very little lift with it set up like that.

Also - I don't see how that cultivator is going to connect to the tractor. It's just sitting behind it! :duh:

Edit - now I see that there are some pins mounted below the frame. I question if they are going to make the draft bars bind, in that position. Of course, as little as the bars move, maybe this isn't a concern...

Attachments

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'd like to have some of those attachments, but to echo the usual sentiment, they're just too far.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
3 990's on Ebay at one time! Haven't seen that in a while. I feel better and better about my recent 990 purchase when I see how few and far between these things seem to be.

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
Lee,

You're right about having the draft arms on backwards, but I don't think the pull rods are attached. Take a look at this photo and you can see that the down angle on the pull rods appears as though they are just draped over the axle.

Rich

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that would make sense.

Just there for decoration. :ROF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts