My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i own a wheelhorse 18 auto and guess what my dethatcher is too small for the tractor makes it a pain to turn back around on too with now power steering so here is my proposal take two 40 inch dethatches and hook em side by side 80 inches should be enough to be feaseable i currently have one dethatcher looking for another that is relatively close to carroll ia at a reasonalble price ... keep tuned for updates on the progress of this project

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am making one to go behind my 2305 it's going to fold up much like a disk. I am going to use the hyd to raise and lower the wings. It's going to be eight feet wide when folded down, Just getting started will post pic's as I go.

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh yes so i went in search of the cheapest 40 inch dethacher and found that sears has one on sale for 70 bucks and the local store was to have 3 of them in stock in the in town store.
not only is there no shipping but that beats the closeset price by oh say 40 dollars locally so i went and took a look at one today. well yes infact it is the same as the one i currently have just a red instead of black and the tines mount a tad different but the rest is the same as for all the major measurements on it. so i said ya ill take it and wala it was mine.

but here is the kicker a while back my mother had to buy a new washer and dryer and we hit up sears then also and guess what i have a rewards card so i had mom just put it on there.... anyone see where this is going????....... yes u guessed it i had enough points to pay for my dethacher so thats right i got a new in box dethatcher for FREEEEEEEEE.........

so now i will have 40 dollars and some time into a 80 inch dethatcher .....

but dont worry i didnt forget the pictures

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well sorry guys nothing done as of yet but i did go pick this up for 125 bucks its a craftsman 42 high speed sweeper with front mount dethatcher for 125 bucks think i did pretty well on it

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok working late last nite i realized i needed a new set of drill bits so i picked up a 29 pc drill bit set from the local store ie tsc bomgars what ever u got near cost me like 30 bucks they are a high speed steel bit and let me tell u what a vast improvement over what i was using

and then i got the front bracket on and started the hitch and got it done also here ya go

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok boys its done thats right there it is 80 inches of dethatcher lol even set it up to set off to one side or the other h ope that idea works if not its fine the way it is

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice work and now all you need is another sweeper to complete the double your fun work:trink40: slkpk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts