My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here in sunny Fl. it's that time of year again when mother nature w/ her rains is going to put any undeveloped land work to the nearly impossible.. The fields I need to have mowed are a little to wet.. We have recieved about 2 1/2 inches in the last 4 days and is raining again today w/ no real end insight until the weekend :( All I can do is hope we get moving before the summer months are upon us and we fall behind.

How is everyones weather of late... been cold and rainy for the past week and all I cans say is thanks for 4wd tractors.... :) Anyone heard from Alleyooper??? Where are you JBetts???

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: Will One thing about living in the deep south we don't have much of a winter.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
draddogs said:
Anyone heard from Alleyooper??? Where are you JBetts???
JBetts is registered, but he's only made a couple of posts so far. Maybe he's actually doing homework for a change. :aetsch:

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Thank you!!

Hi,

Thank you. The pleasure is all mine!! Man, I love the sound of "Deep South Winters" Could be a winter vacation spot for me!!

Take care

Will

jodyand said:
:Welcome: Will One thing about living in the deep south we don't have much of a winter.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CatDaddy said:
JBetts is registered, but he's only made a couple of posts so far. Maybe he's actually doing homework for a change. :aetsch:
Or maybe we messed him up on his thinking in the dating department ROF

Seems to me he had alot of sorting out of the opines that were given to him......

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WilliamBos said:
Hi,

Thank you. The pleasure is all mine!! Man, I love the sound of "Deep South Winters" Could be a winter vacation spot for me!!

Take care

Will

:Welcome: WilliamBos... Jody and a few others including myself love vacationing here in the deep south. Just hope it never ends..

G

·
WilliamBos said:
Hi,

I am so glad winter is over!! Wooooo Hoooo!!

Take care

Will
I have had about enough winter as well. By the way, WELCOME to MTF Will! Great to have you aboard. :Welcome: :trink39:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
?hie?? said:
I have had about enough winter as well. By the way, WELCOME to MTF Will! Great to have you aboard. :Welcome: :trink39:
Chief, was there a lot of snow in your area this year????

G

·
draddogs said:
Chief, was there a lot of snow in your area this year????
We got maybe a total of 10 inches spread out over about 4 snow falls. Not much but enough to collapse my boat shelter. :banghead3

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
€hieƒ™ said:
We got maybe a total of 10 inches spread out over about 4 snow falls. Not much but enough to collapse my boat shelter. :banghead3
That tickles me as we (the wife and me) are planning to move to TN in the future and I love to se only 10" of annual snowfall. :fing32:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Argee said:
That tickles me as we (the wife and me) are planning to move to TN in the future and I love to se only 10" of annual snowfall. :fing32:
Can't say as I would like 1" of snow...but you northerners are a different bunch as in bananas:aetsch:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
draddogs said:
Can't say as I would like 1" of snow...but you northerners are a different bunch as in bananas:aetsch:
270+ inches so far & still counting. Won't be over for us until the 4-5' of snow on the ground is melted. Based on how things are going so far, that will most likely be early to mid May. Good skiing until Late April.

Not bad for 600' above sea level. We are not at a very high elevation here.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keweenaw, 270 inches........ and I thought 80 inches of rain was alot :fing20:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Argee said:
Divide that by 12 to get the rain equivalent.
I'm sure on average you can say that. I bet different types of snow equate to different rain equivalents. 4" of fluffy stuff might melt down to 1/4 inch of water. 4" of wet heavy slush might melt down to an inch and a half.

Snow measurements by inches fallen always bothered me. There are so many different consistencies to snow.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well its Easter Sunday and still raining.........hmmmm, maybe I will just get mu boat and put it in at the fielda edge and run around with that....It will make as big a mess as the teractor...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Easter Sunday

Here in western New York it ia a beautiful day, the wife has windows open to get some fresh air in the house and it is nice. Waiting for the crew to come over for dinner. I was on the scedule to work until yesterday when a vacation day became availible. Easter is a huge holiday for the wife, she is from a big Polish family. She was quite grumpy with me until I managed to get the day off. Her plans were to go to her Mother's house while I was at work. That all changed quickly and everyone is coming here, she has put together quite a feast, broken arm and all. This holiday is as bad as Christmas, I started Eating and won't stop til she whips me with ***** willows tomorrow, on Dingus Day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts