My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted the snow cab on the '87 Canadiana 825 instead of on the '71 Gravely C8 which was set up for plowing this year. I was blowing 12"+ most of the day and only had a very small amount of snow on my back. It sure beat looking like an abominable snowman without the cab. I have the cab uprights mounted with clevis pins and hitch clips to the horizontal cab frame on the snowblower/tractor for quick removal/replacement when transporting.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
With all the snow you get, you need a cab. Glad it worked out for you. I'm not into being covered in snow either. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Just prepair yourself for the suck it up we dont need such luxury things crowd.
I totally agree with you wearing less snow when you get done than was moved would be great.

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
For many years when blowing snow I sucked up being completely covered in snow in seconds when wind direction suddenly changed. Never wearing a hat, or eye protection (I don't know why, I just don't) didn't help. I finally whimped out, and bought, and mounted a cab. Now it's the cab that sucks it up, which works very well for me. :)

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
There's only two types of people: Those who own cabs, and those who never tried one...

Mike

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
There's only two types of people: Those who own cabs, and those who never tried one...

Mike
You got that right, I definitely wouldn't be without a cab when using a blower. It is amazing how much snow gathers on lower front cab area in front of my feet even when there is very little wind.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
It's us that don't have such a luxury that has to suck it up. Not so fun getting off the tractor with a soaking wet seat of the pants right through to the shorts. And this was just plowing snow.

·
Super Moderator
27,489 Posts
Used my new to me 47 snowblower the other day and noticed that the chute allows more "spray" than the model 49 did. This was on the machine that doesn't have a cab and immediately knew that the snowblower will be moved to the machine with the cab!! I can blade and not have to deal with snow blowing back on me. When I started here in 1997 I had a RF 110 with no cab, then moved to the 2xx machines still no cab, the cab was one of the best investments for working in the winter I ever made.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I wish I had a cab for my tractor. I have been looking for either the Ariens factory one or a Cozy Cab. I can only find flimsy-looking universal ones,

Here's my gear, you can probably guess that I'm an Ariens fan!

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Original Tractor Cab makes a decent quality cab. They don' specifically list your tractor but you might want to call them. Prices are reasonable and they can be outfitted with glass windshields and wipers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Original Tractor Cab makes a decent quality cab. They don' specifically list your tractor but you might want to call them. Prices are reasonable and they can be outfitted with glass windshields and wipers.
I have seen old Original Tractor Cabs for the Ariens S/GT series, forgot to list them with Ariens factory and Cozy Cab. But I didn't realize they were still around--I pinged them to see if they have anything that fits. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts