My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, As I said in my New Member Post. I'm having trouble with the Deck. Well not exactly the deck, but the Tension pully, that goes from the clutch to the top, middle deck pully.

The tension pully, is kinda froze, it katches, everyso often, and i'm thinking that, that is the reason for the screetching that I hear at full throttle.

It only started about 4 mowings ago, I've eliminated the deck as the problem, and I'm thinking that the slight noise, and catching, When manually turning the Clutch, is normal, as dad says,

I only hear it at full throttle, and as soon, as a pull back a little on the throttle it stops, The fact that one of the bearings are shot, makes perfect since as to that it's my problem.

My question is, I went today to the Kubota Dealer, and they have to order one for $105. That's ALOT, for the pully, Is there an online source that I can get one from cheaper.

and on that note, Where can I find a diagram that has the part number. I've spent the past 4 hours searching Google, and Just can't find one. or any diagram, that's good...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Cody

·
Administrator
21,252 Posts
I couldn't say for sure, since I am not a Kubota person, but wonder if you couldn't take that to a bearing supply house and get a cross-referenced/matched up part. I've done that with a few things that I have replaced on different pieces of equipment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brad. I don't think they would be able to do that, because It's a sealed and Pressed Bearing, It's built into the pully.

I found this one site, Tractors Mart , and They have the pully number, K1211-26310 , which is what it shows in the manual they emailed me, and I think that's the same number that they said at Kubota, Has any body heard of them, and If this sounds legidament, I've never bought parts from online, and Just wondering, if I'm going to be ript off...

Thanks
Cody

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard Cody.
www.tractorsmart.com is used by many members here. They are known for giving very good service.
Another very good on-line source is www.messicks.com which is one of our sponsors.

You should be GTG with either.
Dave

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use Tractorsmart (aka Keller Bros) exclusively for parts for my TG1860. I have a large Kubota dealership her in town and they can't touch Tractorsmart's prices. Too bad cause I'd love to keep the $$ local if the prices were competitive. Anyway, good luck with your machine. I've got almost 600 hrs on mine with good service so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hopeing you'd reply, As a fellow TG1860 Owner

Yea, I've got ~725 on mine, and It was all in about 3.5-4 hour Increments, Till about the 700 hour mark, it was ALL done on the same land, His 4-5 acres, and our (me and mom's) 2 acres, but He/I only mowed ours when our Craftsman 18 hp, 2005 mower wouldn't work, it worked fine, upuntill about a month after the warenty expired, I thnk we just had a lemon from the git go. But that's not the point. Then about 3 months ago, I started mowing dad's land, all 1 acres of it. Finish his yard in about 25 minutes, if I dont weed-eed. Which I try not to do often...

Yea, Julo Passed away 2 years and 2 Days ago, and I've been slowly getting her all fixed up.

Julo was a big man, so that mower was under alot of pressure. The front left mount of the body. is all rusted, Well the mount isn't. The body is. She slept out side her whole life, and was under s Tarp, But the way she was always faced, That side, was exposed. so I guess, she just slowly rusted. I'm guessing end of Last summer. the metal finally rusted away, from the flexing, and moving in the yard., Since I'm not that light either, About 220 lb. I had one of my buddies weld a plate, over the body, so it would hold the mount again, well, the welds held, but the rest of it, didn't. So I'm thinking, I'm going wait a while, maybe this winter, and cut out the bottom of the floor panals, and get some metal, and, remake that part. It'd be cheaper than getting a new body, and since we only have a few TG1860's around here, I don't really have any used ones. and a new body, from Kubota, is around 450, if I remember correctly, which i Don't have...

I really hate having it like this, because Julo, would have bought a whole new body, maybe even a new mower. He was just that kind of person, he had the money. I spent around $1,000 for a new deck shell, and all new components, The old one was ALL rusted, and one of the wheel mounts broke away, and left a GIANT whole in the deck... So half of the grass was comming out of the front...

But, any ways, I think I've fogotten the original point of me replying...

Thanks Guys for the welcome, and I think I'm going to just buy from the Local Kubota Dealer, What's 30 bucks, when it's going back into the community.

Thanks Guys for listening to me rant. It seems everytime I tell my story, I remember the good times with Julo...
Cody

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey guys, I thought I had posted some pics, But I guess I didn't...

And YES, she was given a bath, right after the pics, I wanted to take the pics, then put the camera out side, that way it wouldn't get wet..

jbgtb, when you spin the clutch, do you hear kindof this. I'm hopeing the video comes threw... It's BIG+SLOW internet= I'll put it up this after noon, after school, once it's done.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, now for the real, NEW question.

When removing the electric clutch, to clean it out, and see if anythings, causing it to grind, What should I look out for.

I've got a parts diagram, but it just showes it as one unit. I just want to see, if maybe there is something in it, that's causing the noice, Or is it not servicable, and if it is, Does anybody have a break down of it.

Thanks
Cody

Attachments

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Nice pics Cody. That tractor is definitely worth repairing.

As far as I know the electric pto has 1 adjustment and is supposedly not serviceable. The adjustment is the gap inbetween the clutch plate and rotor. I believe the 3 clutch plate adjustments are items 010 in your IPL above. I don't recall the spec's on the gap but I want to think it's around 040" to 060" but could be wrong.

It's possible you may be able to get at the bearings as they "may" be whats causing your noise. It's also possible the clutch material could be worn and or the rivets (if thats whats holding the clutch material to the backing plate) could also be causing the noise.
If the clutch works that makes it worth the while to try and repair.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the assembly will happen by.
Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In case those havn't realized, Since It seems, it no longer has that border.

The first picture, is actually the video. Because you may instantly hear it, and tell me that's normal. The loud clicking, is the housing, turning, it stays on the top, and there are like 3 screws that allow it to play about 1/2 an inch, I'm assuming, this is like a buffereing system. So that's what the large banging is.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
190 Posts
Finally got your video to play. Yes, my PTO does rotate slightly and make that "banging" noise when rotated against its stops. I'm sure its normal cause its always done that. I haven't ever had to adjust or play with the clutch, so I can't help you there. Its an Ogura brand clutch and pricey from what I've seen. The only squeeling mine ever makes is when the PTO is stopped and the auto blade brake kicks in. Let us know how you make out.

Update. Just looked at the video again. You should NOT be able to turn the PTO pulley with the unit off. The brake should be holding it firm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, when I've got the mower off, The pully should be stuck, Meaning the "brake" should be tight against the pto pully. Ok, Then mine is WAY loose, We took it all apart yesterday, the PTO off of the tractor, Then the brake off of the assembly, We blowed it out, and put it back, putting everything back to original specs. Now it's ALOT quieter than it used to be. But there is still a squeeling. When it was off, The whole thing, could tilt, a little, meaning the main berring, from the housing, to the shaft , is worn, We're thinking of just running it till it goes, and then replace it, But I'm not too keen up to that.

Do you think I could buy it from Ogura, or only threw Kubota/TractorSmart.com. Would you happen to know the part number.

jbgtb, i'm in Chat, right now, if you want to go and talk, if you've got the time.

Thanks
Cody

1 - 12 of 12 Posts