My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to print an airline reservation off Windows Mail. I have already:

1. Gone to the "Text Size" adjustment and selected "Largest".
Result: Same tiny print.

2. I cut and pasted the mail into "Works Word Processor".
Result: A jumbled mess of disjointed lines, words and boxes.

3. Cut and pasted it into "Word Pad".
Result: Pretty much the same as above.

4. Tried "Note Pad".
Similar result without the lines an boxes, an editor's nightmare.

No wonder so many people don't like Microsoft!:) So, what's the secret to either making both the text on the screen and the printout permanently larger (10pt or so) on my ALL Email AND preserving the formatting? (I know, Macs don't ever have this problem.:D)

(such a simple little thing... and in the 21st Century yet!):D

·
Super Moderator
35,809 Posts
HH, try looking at the properties of your printer and see if it allows you to reduce/enlarge and set the size increase and print from there! I tested with one of my emails and copied directly to MS Word, changed the size and no problem. Not sure why you can't with MS Works.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
To make Windows Mail or Outlook Express use larger or different fonts for message lists and other interface elements:

Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
Make sure Control Panel Home is highlighted.
Click Customize colors under Appearance and Personalization.
Follow the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of the above made any improvement... Not much help available on the net either. I went through every option on the printer and no go there either. I'll live with it and curse the silly guy(s) that didn't test this program before they put it in Windows Vista. (W98 didn't have this problem!):D

·
10K and Climbin!
12,444 Posts
I've fought this a few times as well.. the only way I've been able to change the font is to click in the test and edit it (detete/retype a few letters) and you will then be able to resize it after it is in MS Word or PP.. Don't computers make things so easy??:banghead3:thSick:

·
Administrator
11,889 Posts
Wonder if you could "Forward" it back to yourself and before sending the forward message edit the font size?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Have you tried doing a copy and paste:

1. Scroll over the whole e-mail so it is highlighted.
2. Hit "Ctrl" and the letter "C" at the same time. This should copy the highlighted stuff.
3. Open your most sufistcated word processor, (I use Microsoft Word).
4. Your cursor should be blinking.
5. Hit "Ctrl" and the letter "V" at the same time. This should paste what you copied into this application.
6. Here you should be able to change the font and text size. In Word it's under the "Format", then "Text" buttons.
7. Printing should give you what ever size and font you select.

Good Luck. Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...so with all the suggestions and help I managed to "copy" the tiny text over to MS Office Word Processor. It landed there at the default text size of 12pt, perfect! Recopied it back to the Email I sent to my buddy's wife for car rental arraingements...

Thanx to everybody!!!!:) And if you ever meet up with a Microsoft Windows development programmer, give him my message about Windows Mail! (I'm sure you all know how to make THAT gesture!:ROF)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts