My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 2011 edition of the TM2308 Technical Manual, the seat switch test for SN-040000 states:

"Seat switch plunger pressed"..... no continuity between any terminals"

Pressing the plunger is the same as someone being on on the seat, and no continuity means an open circuit. But if the switch is disconnected, this also results in an open circuit. Meaning that the switch could be "fooled" by simply disconnecting it.

What am I missing? Was there an update or addendum to this edition?

My manual is a CD copy that I bought on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
43,930 Posts
Welcome to MTF jjr! Lots of info here and great members to help and share with. It depends on what the circuit is looking for logically whether an open or closed position is correct or not. Hopefully someone with some X300 knowledge can help you out with a more exact answer. Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Some JD seat switches are definitely normally closed. I believe they use more than two wires to prevent tampering. I saw a Youtube video that said you can tell by whether it is gray or black, but I cannot confirm this is true.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't think you're missing anything. I don't have a 2011 X300, but looking at other manuals (LA100 series, 2016+ X300 series), I'm seeing the same information. The proper test for the seat switch on those models results in continuity when the switch is released and no continuity when the switch is pressed.

We're not allowed to discuss how someone might defeat safety mechanisms so I'll stop right there.

·
Rich
2010 Deere X300 42 deck
497 Posts
Here is the schematic if it helps? Seat switch in lower right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.