My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Terramite T4 that was complete and operational a month ago, but not one to leave well enough alone I have decided to rebuild and refurbish it. I've got it down to just the bare frame now and I'm welding and plating the cracks. I'm looking for pics of the Terramite T4 can somebody help. I called Terramite company, suprisingly they don't have a photo archive showing the evolution of the Terramite.

thanks paul
 

·
modelguy
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a tc4, but it has been worked over and looks like is being recalled from the old tractor junkyard. I have it working, but not repainted yet. It has a 25 horse Deutz diesel, with a modified hood and the battery was stuck out front. Dual rear tires complete the mods. I downloaded the tc5 manual off of the internet, which I would think you have already done. I am more than happy to talk it over if you have any questions.:trink40:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I saw that for sale on E-bay. The previous owner was quite creative with that hood assembly. Is that diesel a 2 or 3 cylinder? Is the trans a direct swap to the diesel? How are the dual tires mounted? thanks paul
 

·
modelguy
Joined
·
3 Posts
The terramite project is making good progress. I got most of it painted this week and replaced 2 hoses to the loader and added an oil filter to the hdraulics.
The diesel motor is a deutz f2l511, which translates to a 2 cylinder 25 to 30 hp engine. The hydraulic pump mounts to the tractor frame and is coupled to the deutz by a solid coupling. The keyways were torn out on both sides of the coupling and only one side came with the machine. I made a new half and it is working ok. There is a plastic coupling in the engine flywheel to handle misalignment. I added a support to the rear end of the hydraulic pump, because the front mount seemed too weak.
The extra rear tires are mounted by a hub extension.
I rebuilt and straightened the cylinder on one stabilizer bar. The hoses were not connected to match the factory labels on the backhoe, so I switched them.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top