TerraQuip Construction Products, Inc.
PO Box 9102
Wichita, KS 67277
Phone 316-943-8889 Give them a call, maybe they can help you...
Thanks for both links. I already contacted corporate, looking for a cooling fan and a radiator. The fan on the machine is pretty beat up. All those parts are Perkins direct parts, and I was able to solder the rad up and hold pressure.
I did see the "are Terramite's Bad" link, and after using this little guy for at least 10-12 hours over the last month, I'm really liking it. The backhoe moves more dirt than the little Kubota excavator I rented last year, and I've been able to fill the 1/4 yard FEL almost completely. It is slow in transit, but I'm not on the clock, and I rarely need to transit more than 100' at a time, if that.
I consider myself fortunate to have "test driven" the machine, and I think I can make a pretty fair assessment of it's condition, and what it needs.
1) Charging system is not working
2) Engine is tired and needs at least a re-ring if not new liners and pistons. I think I would keep running it until it's REALLLL tired. Since I have a decent air filter on the motor, I suspect the degradation will not be as much. I still think I might plumb the crankcase vent back into the induction path it smokes that bad.
3) Front tilt cylinder needs new packing and seals. Piece of cake
4) Steering servo input seal must be shot, it is dripping fluid down the column, so I suspect the column is a secondary oil reservoir at this point.
5) Cooling fan is beat, but still still moves a lot of air.
6) Backhoe lower arm cylinder needs a new grease fitting.
7) Some of the hydro lines need to be tightened.
8) Left lower rad support just broke. It's likely due to the fact the right support was "repaired" by welding it to the frame, and the left one was still mounted to the engine "cradle"
1,2,5,&8 can be resolved with a repower, looks like a GX690 Honda is about $1500 new, figure $1600 delivered.. food for thought. I wonder what the Perkins is worth in it's current condition.