My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have experience with using Terra Grips in mud or dirt? Was wondering if they would act similar to an Ag tire in these instances.

I don't usually have a lot of mud/dirt work to do so turfs are fine 95% of the time. Buying different tires doesn't seem practical. I'm not one to mow my lawn with Ag tires...

Thanks in advance. 馃憤

Premium Member
Terra Grips are fine for the occasional use when soil or driveway conditions limit traction for your normal tyres. If you need them for most of the time, you likely need to change the tyre style.
My yard simply does not work well with turf tyres. I do not have a manufactured yard where graders were used at some point to level out or form the ground and sod put down. It was recently reclaimed from growing wild for over ten years. There is a thin layer of grass/weeds over a thin layer of soil on top a heavy sand/mud base. At most any part of my yard, I can auger down 2 feet and hit nothing but mud. Turf tyres chew up those thin layers, especially the rears. That is why I went to the Ambush style of ATV tyres. I did have Ag style tyres for a while.

Registered
Not sure about the Terra Grip tread patterns, they appear to be close to Ag Bar type tires.

I used to regularly pull my old turf tire Craftsman out of some gumbo mud where the grass grew the best until it dried out mid summer.

My X500 order included HDAP rear tires. They do very well without tearing up the turf, yet the do handle quite a bit of slick mud at times too. Winter snow plowing on a level drive was no problem of any kind even without chains.

I'll have to see how they do at my new place with a drive going up hill..

Super Moderator
Not sure about the Terra Grip tread patterns, they appear to be close to Ag Bar type tires.

I used to regularly pull my old turf tire Craftsman out of some gumbo mud where the grass grew the best until it dried out mid summer.

My X500 order included HDAP rear tires. They do very well without tearing up the turf, yet the do handle quite a bit of slick mud at times too. Winter snow plowing on a level drive was no problem of any kind even without chains.

I'll have to see how they do at my new place with a drive going up hill..
You know you're just hoping they slip, I see a new X738 or X758 in your future because of "hill" duty!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts