My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 MTD built 65th anniversary 25 HP Huskee tractor, model #13AZ6008H131. I removed the seat platform to do a repaint and dislodged a C shaped wire retainer from the forward/reverse shifter and can't figure out how it is reattached. Can anyone help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
will check in the morning if I have the picture on my phone already. If not I'll have to pull the cover and take one.I knocked mine off recently when changing the rear belt. I had to look at another one to figure it out.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I haven't checked yet but I was going to say that you have the bracket and lever on the wrong side of the chassis but I see yours is a step through so shifter is in left fender. My centre.box one should use clip the same though. Bracket is just 180 degrees around.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Thanks 38 racing.
I came up with the configuration in pic below and it seems to work but verification would be nice.
I just looked at an old 400 series that has lever in left fender. It's different than what you have. Haven't had a chance to check my 700 series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 38racing,
A picture's worth a thousand words. I did indeed have it wrong. Works great now.
BT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts