My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 345 but no grass... so I mow a neighbors yard for seat time once every couple of weeks. Lots of trees so the grass does not grow to fast...

Now I would like to pick up the leaves with a bagger but getting a powerflow etc. seems like overkill for the 3-4 times I might use it. (not to mention storage space)

can anyone recommend a "temporary" bagger? Even the type that used to hang off a walk behind side discharge would work ok, not worried about the wide stance...

assuming even a well attached "sack" might do the job.

I have no experience with tractor grass catchers, so open to suggestions...

Any ideas? Anyone ever make a temporary bagger?

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
Have you considered a sweeper? You mentioned storage space, so it might not be practical in that regard, but a sweeper will pick up those leaves in the fall, as well as the rows of grass left behind after you mow in the spring when you didn't get to mow for a week and the grass is too tall. I use mine all the time. Not every week, but at least once a month.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree with X320Noob, a sweeper would be a good match for picking up clippings and leaves. I use mine quite regularly to keep my lawn looking the best I can (it's a pride thing) and the sweeper with also work with pine needles if you have them too.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The thing about a sweeper is you have to go back a second time to pick up grass because it's discharging out the side of the deck. Not very efficient, unless time and fuel doesn't matter.

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
The thing about a sweeper is you have to go back a second time to pick up grass because it's discharging out the side of the deck. Not very efficient, unless time and fuel doesn't matter.
Not if you blow the cut grass toward the uncut grass. In other words, mow in a clock-wise circle. Or mulch. I never have to go over mine twice. Even if you did, if you aren't cutting a large area, the extra gas wouldn't matter. And if you are cutting a big area, do you REALLY want to stop every couple of rows to empty a bag?? :thSick:

Oh well - to each his own...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
MXZRXP my 345 mulches leaves great with just the regular blades (no mulching kit) I windrow them then run through them a few times. As said you do have to run through them a few times but it's worth not having to get rid of them and you are fertilizing the grass. BILL

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
MXZRXP I sent You a PM with a perfect $189.00 dollar solution to Your Leaf Bagging Needs. Perfect for 3 or 4 times of Use a Year:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Not if you blow the cut grass toward the uncut grass. In other words, mow in a clock-wise circle. Or mulch. I never have to go over mine twice. Even if you did, if you aren't cutting a large area, the extra gas wouldn't matter. And if you are cutting a big area, do you REALLY want to stop every couple of rows to empty a bag?? :thSick:

Then you don't get a perfectly striped lawn like mine. As you say, to each his own.

·
Registered
396 Posts

X320Noob you beat me to this answer. I was going to say the exact same thing!!! I don't believe that I use any more gas doing it this way. If nothing else rent one for a day and give it a try you will not be disappointed. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys GREAT answers as always.

To be honest I did not consider a sweeper but I should.

and those side discharge baggers seem like another great solution!

time to spend some hard-earned money-

:thanku:again! pics to come-

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That's only going to last a while until it gets a big tear or hole in the bottom from dragging on the ground.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
That's only going to last a while until it gets a big tear or hole in the bottom from dragging on the ground.

I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Probably will get torn from the weight of the leaves if it got about 1/2 full too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts